......Ok then, let's do this.
Bay Area native. I bounce between Oakland, Nevada City and LA.
I've decided to not list what Myers-Briggs type I am here.
Update: it's actually going really well.
Teaching myself motion graphics so I can make an animated series. Making music. Making art. Freelancing. Trying new things, actively.
Last year I found myself working at a lot of festivals: building, carpentry, rigging, construction, as well as character acting with some of the performance groups I roll with.
I also volunteer some of my time to work on tall ships, taking disadvantaged youth groups out sailing and teaching them nautical history and such. Climbing up the rigging is the best!
I've traveled completely around the world twice in the last five years.
Getting better at: Being generous, being modest, being a feminist, making art, making music, design, illustration, animation, Rock Climbing.
Just had a friend use a tape measure – not lying about my height.
I guess I'll mention a few things:
• Music: Delta Blues, Garage rock, Surf, Indie, New/No Wave, Epic Psycadellic Stoner DOOM METAL, old 70s Punk, Balkan Brass
• Books: Italo Calvino, Station 11, Hesse, Strange & Norrel, some Russians, A. Crowley, Joseph Campbell. Currently working my way through Moby Dick.
• Podcasts: Rome, Radiolab, TED, Philosophy Bites, British History Podcast, Revolutions.
• Food: Everything. I eat meat, but I can cook veggie too. I'm down for learning new vegetarian recipes, or any recipes, if you got 'em.
• Making art.
• Social justice, gentrification, feminism, where I fit in with all of that, and how I can make an positive impact on my immediate community.
• Planning long backpacking trips in the Sierras.
• Vintage guitars and effects pedals, writing sick riffs.
• How to make this experience into a great story
• Adventure Time!!!!!!
I think I'm getting burnt out on Okc. It takes so much effort just to get ladies to respond to a message, and then to agree to meet, and then it's rare they actually follow through and show up, and then it's even more rare that there's chemistry once we do. I guess I'm just hoping for that special magical chemistry alchemy thing. Or at least let's just go have fun.
I sniff glue. Wait, no, that's not something I'll admit. I take it back.
If you want to go to a show for live music, if you want to get out of town for the day,
If you want to ride bicycles,
if you want to just grab a coffee or a drink at a dive bar.
Message me if you'd actually like to meet in person, but please - no flakes. I need people in my life who will actually show up. I do. If you can handle that, let's talk more!
I can't see who "likes" me, so just shoot me a message of you want to get my attention.