I like smart girls that can teach me stuff. I like pretty girls that don’t use it. I like artistic girls because I wish I had that talent.
I think touching is hot. Ok, very hot.
But, real men don't cuddle; they spoon.
I met O Rei when I was twelve and he told me that I was the future. So, I've got that going for me.
I like saying "Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory....lasts forever!”
I often laugh hardest at my own jokes because I sometimes see the punch line as a little movie in my head.
I like news and policy. My politic is independent and open to a good argument.
I have known many of my closest friends since the 6th grade. You will find me to be fiercely loyal. Unless I am burned and then my blood runs stone cold.
Dessert and candy are for girls, but recently I have come to realize that I love chocolate. Maybe love isn't right. More like I am powerless before her silky velvet goodness. As if a black magic has control of me and I will do anything to have her.
My travel often follows a warm Sun. I like to scuba dive and recently started learning to surf. I also like cultural travel and keep a mental list of places to see. A couple years ago I actually got paid not to work so I went to Italy for the month of June. Yep. An entire month: traveling Tuscany/Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast.
Shorter excursions are good too. I have a sporty little car thats fun to drive on road trips and I could use a good navigator.
Despite my great joy in writing personal essays and placing them online, I would really like to get off this MF site.
1) Please be honest in your profile. I have checked that I do want kids. That means, shocker, I do want them. If it were up to me I would have two. I am 47 so it should be obvious that I would never settle just to have kids, its just that I realize that I am getting old and it doesnt make sense to become attached to someone that doesn’t have the same desire. So, if you are a “maybe” or “not sure” we probably are not the best match. [Yes, I am sadly noting this because it caused a relationship to end after we were already deep into it].
2) I work in financial world and get to work fairly early. This means I am usually in bed by 10:30 pm so my social life occurs in the early evenings on weekdays and weekends are free. It would be great if you too are free during these times. If we cant spend time together its that much harder to build and maintain a relationship.
3) If you can’t already tell my personality and humor can include sarcasm and at times a little light hearted teasing. Please don’t read anything (negative) into this. I know that I am an idiot, just call me on it.
4) I think that the best way to get to know someone and see if there exists any chemistry is by meeting in person. So I generally look to meet for a coffee or drink after exchanging a couple emails.
5) Also, I only respond to profiles that have photos posted. Unless you are a celebrity I dont think there is a valid excuse for not doing so.
6) My hair is turning gray. Not easy to see that in my straight on photos. The Universe rather enjoys finding new ways to stick it to me.
Also, I have developed a new type of Yoga that follows the philosophy 'rage hard' and its signature posture is the double down dog. Its sweeping the country.
My library also includes things like Choke (Beilock) which was pretty awesome, The Golden Ratio, Ancient Egypt (a travelers guide) and The Pirates Pocket Book. I have to read a lot for work (economics, world events, public policy, politics etc) so I mostly read books on vacation time or lazy weekend afternoons. The Economist is where I find the truth.
For movies, I lean towards escapism and like science fiction or a good adventure story. Of course anything that will make me laugh. I suppose the occasional drama. The normal stuff. The one limit I have is slasher movies. I really don't like those. I don't like watching women getting cut up I guess.
My music depends on the time and place and spans blues, rock, reggae, ska, alternative, classical and some pop. iTunes suggests that I have played track number 7 of Il Barbiere Di Siviglia (Maria Callas, Luigi Alva and Tito Gobbi) seventy four times. I think its lying to me, but I shouldn't say anymore since its listening.
Love at First Feel comes in second. Muddy Waters 'Hard Again' is one of the greatest albums of all time.
I recently drove to Chicago and listened to Houndmouth's From the Hills Below the City. Its pretty good for long summer drives.
Also, I finally saw Il Barbiere Di Siviglia in February and was sadly disappointed. My dad says its because I basically grew up listening to Tito Gobbi. I guess that is possible. I felt as if many parts were not recognizable. Boo, Met. Boo!
As for food, its hard to pick favorites since it depends on my mood but Italian is probably up there (both northern and southern). I also like French, Indian, Mexican, Spanish, Latin, spicy and some Asian. There is a soft spot for certain German comfort foods. The one thing that is not for me is Sushi. Yes, everyone loves it but its a fad and eventually you will see. Also, I love skim milk. A gallon lasts me about two or three days. Some people think thats weird but its just so good. It goes with almost everything. Well, everything except sushi. Wait, I think...yes, I just threw up in my mouth.
2) My crazy family. Even when they try to damage my self esteem.
3) A place to live that feels like home.
4) A warm Sun.
5) Time off for travel or just recharging.
6) Good times.
I will add one more for good luck. Seeing an under-dog in a moment of triumph is always a beautiful thing.
Right now I am wondering which of the many hundreds of questions I answered makes OKcupid think that I am not friendly.
No. I dont talk in my sleep.
Also, meine Oma und Opa auf meiner Väter seite waren Donauschwaben.
Afterword: people, the bit about my new type of Yoga was a joke. You dont need to email to tell me I dont get it.
***I consider myself open minded but if you are a Trump supporter we probably are not a match***