I lived throughout the Bay Area before returning to my hometown in 2013. I was a design major but took another career path and invested 21 years in warehouse and logistics management.
Meeting people and making new friends comes naturally for me . . . everyone has a story to tell and I'd like to hear it. I'm a simple man who lives for spontaneity and change at times. I do love me some variety when it comes to food, music, film, activities, and exploration. My life's challenge is to find and maintain balance . . . appreciating the little things and stopping to smell the roses more frequently.
* Remodeling my house and garden at a realistic pace
* Connecting with Mother Nature (the outdoors) as much as I can
* Being a true foodie, cooking at home and exploring the restaurant scene
* Hitting up music concerts and festivals, finding new bands and artists to follow
* Relaxing to some craft beers, imported whiskey, and forever finding THE bar that makes the best Old Fashions
Kubrick, Scorsese, Eastwood, Ridley Scott, Tarantino, Fincher, Aronofsky, Coen Brothers, Nolan, Thomas-Anderson, O. Russell, González-Iñárritu
I'm currently watching . . . Game of Thrones, The Leftovers, Westworld, True Detective, Narcos, Stranger Things, The Get Down, Louie (Louis C.K.), Alaska: The Last Frontier, ESPN's 30 for 30 series, HBO's Hard Knocks series, NFL Network, NBA TV, Netflix
Real Hip-Hop (not Rap), Classic Soul/R&B, Neo-Soul, Roots & Island Reggae, Hard Rock/Metal, Indie Rock
I'm a true foodie. My buddy released his food phone app called CHOWDR in August 2016. Download it and look me up at AllYouKen. See my world through these photos.
HOBBIES & ACTIVITIES:
Vinyl/CD/MP3 collector, graffiti art/design, gym, basketball, gun range, archery, camping, mountain biking, hiking, fishing/crabbing
1. Starting my day with 1-2 cups of Peet's or Philz coffee
2. Meeting people everyday. Developing new friendships, sharing stories, and learning from each other
3. Leaving my daily routine to escape to the beach, pier, hills, forest, and trails. Enjoying Mother Nature to her fullest
4. Cooking, sharing recipes, and restaurant recommendations with foodies who are equally or more passionate than I am
5. Supporting my 49ers, Warriors, and A's to the planet Pluto and back
6. Experiencing music that controls the mind, body, and soul. I'm also a diehard collector of music, I own a wide range of genres and media
* When to buy my Shiba Inu puppy, his name will be Ryu