- I am a silent pink lion with another dimension inside my mane that only certain people can access.
- I am having a real hard time deciding how much of this section should be devoted to facts about myself and how much should be devoted to presenting my weird sense of humor, and more broadly, how my mind works.
- I'm neither fatalistic nor naive: I don't think that saying, "The world is a pretty screwed up place" is inherently depressing or cynical, but I do think that saying "...and there's nothing we can do about it, it's human nature, so fuck it, who cares?" is very depressing and cynical.
- I am self-conscious about people not understanding that the second bullet point is a reference to Steven Universe so I included this separate fifth bullet point.
- The fifth bullet point is simultaneously a throwaway gag and an opportunity to understand how my mind works.
- I overexplain stuff.
Careerwise, I'm working a corporate job that pays well but isn't all that meaningful. I don't have many career aspirations, though; I mostly think that a job is what you do to survive capitalism. Sometimes people tell me to try to monetize my passions, but people won't pay me to play board games or dismantle systems of oppression (don't get me started on the nonprofit-industrial complex), so I'm sticking with the gig I have until it becomes untenable.
Personal-life-wise, I am dating a person who is also dating another person and we're a happy poly family. I live with the two of them and their friends who have become my friends.
- Reminding people that they did not deserve the bad things that happened to them, and that they are worthy people
- Making puns
- Rambling (verbally and ambulatorily)
- Playing strategy board games
- Saving the world before bedtime (I wish. Alas, I am not a Powerpuff Girl.)
Movies/Shows: Steven Universe, Leverage
Music: Talking Heads, Leonard Cohen, Sweet Honey in the Rock, Bonnie Raitt, a variety of 90's alternative rock bands I grew up listening to and never got over (Guster, Counting Crows, Blues Traveler, etc), Renn Faire style old timey folk music (I was a pirate in college).
Video games: My favortes tend to be puzzle games (Portal, Witness, Talos Priniciple), point-and-click adventures (anything by Wadjeteye Games), and anything co-op (Overcooked, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime).
Board Games: Anything co-op goes down well at my apartment (Pandemic Legacy, Legendary, Mansions of Madness), but I'm not against a bit of competitive Galaxy-Trucking or Catan-Settling.
2) Some quiet, private space to decompress on occasion
3) Role models (not necessarily "heroes," though; I try to avoid putting people on pedestals).
4) Public transit
5) Some kind of ongoing project
6) Access to new and exciting information... via the internet, a library, or whatever other means.
- More broadly, what other people are thinking about
- How to do more stuff I care about without burning out
- When the next time I'm going to get to play a board game is
- Hanging out at home with my housemates, possibly playing a board game
- Out to dinner with other friends
- More rarely (every couple months) on a bus to visit family in Western MA for the weekend
- If your politics lean generally leftwards and/or anarchist-y.
- If the books/movies/etc. portion of your profile is not the only section of your profile with meaningful content. I'm always happy to talk about media, but a lot of people like the things I like without us actually being fundamentally compatible.
- If you're curious about something in my profile or an answer to a match question. Even if you just want to ask about that one thing and never go on a date; I'm cool with that, I like talking to new people.
- You *shouldn't* message me if you categorically won't date folks who are trans/POC/fat/HIV+/etc. Your grossness doesn't have to be pointed directly at me for me to distrust you as a result of it. I will check your match questions. Also true for fetishizing any of the above.