Most people say that college years are the best years of your life. Well, for me it’s the other way around. THIS is the best year of my life! And I plan on being able to say that every year for the rest of my life. (PS: I originally wrote this a few years ago and it's still true!)
I'm definitely not a shy person, and by now, I have a pretty good idea of what I’m looking for. I believe that almost any two people can make it work, but when you find the right person, it will be a lot easier than it would with the rest.
Here are the top 5 qualities I'm looking for in a guy:
1. Confident, but open minded (I think you need both for a good balance)
2. Health conscious (I want to enjoy this life for as long as possible & for that you need to take care of yourself)
3. Being active/outdoorsy (I love to do anything outside, no matter the season and am looking for a partner in crime)
4. Caring (towards family, friends, strangers & the earth)
5. Intelligent/Cultured (As much as I love playing in the dirt, I also really enjoy a museum visit or the orchestra. It doesn't have to be your passion, but being able to enjoy it with me once in a while would be really appreciated)
A little about me:
I’m close to my family and have a few close friends. I would say that I’m a very rational person and definitely a realist, but somehow I also manage to be pretty positive most of the time. (I'll let you be the judge of that)
I don't like to limit myself when it comes to adventures and new experiences (reasonably) ;)
I have strong views on life, politics and religion, but I keep an open mind and love having intellectual conversations, especially when I get exposed to other points of view I never considered before.
Finding a balance between my life and career is a bit challenging right now, but I will always try to put my relationships first. I’m looking for someone who can honestly say the same.
My hope for life is to enjoy my work, spend lots of time with family and friends, get the most out of life on my free time, travel and learn about other cultures, and make a positive contribution for future generations.
This was definitely a lot longer than I intended, but how does one summarize themselves in a few paragraphs?
I guess now, it’s your turn.
I love musicals, the Orchestra and live music in general. I've yet to see a play or an opera.
I read a variety of books, from educational to just plain silly, but my favorites are historical and current novels based on real life experiences.
As far as food is concerned, I'm a big fan! I try to maintain a healthy, balanced diet in general, but love trying new things and flavors.
1. My family
2. My friends
3. My health
4. My independence
5. Fresh air / the outdoors
6. Art / Culture
Although, I can be pretty selfish sometime, in which case it would be: What's the next delicious thing I will eat and what's the next fun thing I will do? :)
...don't mind making plans, but can also be spontaneous
...are active and health conscious, but not obsessed
* And bonus points if you enjoy dancing (especially Salsa or Swing)