The most valuable lesson I learned so far is that no matter how much you plan, there will always be detours along the way and forks in the road that may lead you to places you couldn't even imagine before. So, I've gotten very good at going with the flow. I just take things one day at a time and try to enjoy each day as much as possible.
I'm definitely not a shy person, and by now, I have a pretty good idea of what I’m looking for. I believe that almost any two people can make it work, but when you find the right person, it will be a lot easier than it would with the rest.
Here are the top 5 qualities I'm looking for in a guy:
1. Confident, but open minded (I think you need both for a good balance)
2. Health conscious (I want to enjoy this life for as long as possible & for that you need to take care of yourself)
3. Being active/outdoorsy (I love to do anything outside, no matter the season and am looking for a partner in crime)
4. Caring (towards family, friends, strangers & the earth)
5. Intelligent/Cultured (As much as I love playing in the dirt, I also really enjoy a museum visit or the orchestra. It doesn't have to be your passion, but being able to enjoy it with me once in a while would be really appreciated)
A little more about me:
I’m close to my family and have a few close friends. I think of myself as very rational and definitely a realist, with moments of pure idealism. (You'll have to tell me if that's accurate)
I don't like to limit myself when it comes to adventures and new experiences (reasonably) ;)
I have strong views on life, politics and religion, but I keep an open mind and love having discussions, especially when I get exposed to other points of view I never considered before.
I can be very stubborn, but will always admit when I've been wrong.
Finding a balance between my life and career is a bit challenging right now, but I will always try to put my relationships first. I’m looking for someone who can honestly say the same.
My hope for life is to enjoy my work, spend lots of time with family and friends, get the most out of life on my free time, travel and learn about other cultures, and make a positive contribution for future generations.
This was definitely a lot longer than I intended, but how does one summarize themselves in a few paragraphs?
I guess now, it’s your turn.
PS: Mention a lady bug in your message, so I know you read my profile and are actually interested in getting to know me.
I love musicals, the Orchestra and live music in general. I've yet to see an opera.
I read a variety of books, from educational to just plain silly, but my favorites are historical and current novels based on real life experiences.
As far as food is concerned, I'm a big fan! I try to maintain a healthy, balanced diet in general, but love trying new things and flavors.
1. My family
2. My friends
3. My health
4. My independence
5. Fresh air / the outdoors
6. Art / Culture
Although, I can be pretty selfish sometime, in which case it would be: What's the next delicious thing I will eat and what's the next fun thing I will do? :)
...don't mind making plans, but can also be spontaneous
...are active and health conscious, but not obsessed
* And bonus points if you enjoy dancing (especially Salsa or Swing)