I play the guitar, primarily genres such as Jazz, Funk, Latin, Blues and Rock. It's been a while since I've played in any shows, though - I've been focusing more on writing music and putting together cool arrangements; I love horns and strings to a fault, and I spend a long time getting everything to fit together. Luckily I have a nice little home studio where I can do some recordings with my friends. Recently, I've been 're-discovering' the acoustic guitar - while I still love my electrics, I'm starting to grow quite fond of the raw sound an acoustic guitar can produce.
Other than that, I like to watch movies, tv-series and play videogames. Not too unique on that point. =D
When it comes to books, Joseph Heller, Terry Pratchett, David Wong, Luke Rhinehart, Douglas Adams and similar intelligent humorists rule the world.
As for films, I have many favourites but just to name a few: In Bruges, Batman Begins / The Dark Knight, Star Wars (original trilogy), the first three Indiana Jones movies, Fight Club, Black Snake Moan, The Big Lebowski and Pulp Fiction.
My favourite TV series include Arrested Development, Archer, House, Parks and Rec, Prison Break, Unsupervised and Community.
- Social connections - friends, buddies, etc.
- Something (preferably something interesting) to think about and puzzle over.
- Pen and paper (I often find myself needing to jot down ideas for lyrics, riffs, arrangement options or chord progressions).
- A steady flow of musical experiences.
- Hot tea. Not very manly, I know.
- Ethics, morality
- How to prove respectable scientists wrong
- How to actually change the world
- Where my next musical fix is going to come from