[Old profile was so lengthy that even I got bored skimming through it, so trying out a more streamlined, laconic (for me) approach now.]
About me, I'm a curious, night-owl type with wide-ranging and sometimes deep interests. If you have a passion for something, chances are I might like to talk about it with you.
• Books: Both fiction and non-fiction, anything well-written that is informative, engaging or makes one think, e.g., Vonnegut. Currently reading "Dragons of Eden" by Sagan and probably gonna start Miller's The Dark Knight Returns soon.
• Movies: Similar to books, a healthy mix of documentaries and "cinema". I enjoy both equally and enjoy dissecting and discussing both as well.
• Shows: Not too big into cliché sitcoms (exceptions made for Arrested Development and ones of that ilk), but I like a clever shows, from Archer & Bob's Burgers all the way to serious stuff like Orange is the New Black, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, House of Cards, etc. Have recently come to love BoJack Horseman.
• Music: Predominantly, I like "the rock music", as the kids are calling it nowadays, from old stuff (Beatles, Stones, Bowie) up through current stuff (Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack White's various bands). I like to sing many of these songs in public in the form of karaoke, as mentioned above. I also like live music from time to time and have been going to more concerts in recent years, hooray. Most recent concert -- Eagles of Death Metal, St. Andrew's in Detroit, Sept. 2015 & Of Montreal, Thalia Hall, Chicago, Apt. 2017.
• Food: So long as it's not trash -- an interesting debate in and of itself, what is and isn't "trash" -- I like all kinds of food. Veggies, cheese, meat, bread. It's all yummy. Haven't found any cuisine I dislike either to speak of. If it's well prepared, I'm not picky. Avocados are mega-delicious, and are part of my ideal breakfast (hard-boiled eggs w/hot sauce like Frank's, some cherry tomatoes and avocados).
I will say, though, GGG is the way to be!