I love to travel. I grew up in South-East Asia, and enjoy travelling to new cities and other countries (though haven’t done this in a while), or even just new parts of town. I especially love visiting second-hand bookstores and snapping up rare or unusual books. I love reading, and am always in the middle of some book or another.
My sense of humour tends towards the wry and sarcastic, but not so much that I’m obnoxious (some people might disagree, but they’re wrong...). I try to be kind and refrain from judging other people.
* Getting into creative writing as a side job/profession
* Being a Volunteer Firefighter during the hot parts of the year
* Eating healthy and keeping fit
* Trying to get out more - live music, out-of-town trips, reconnecting with old friends and making new ones
* Continuing to read every single novel/non-fiction book that looks vaguely interesting
I’m trying to take a bit more control of my life, while still being easy-going and relaxed. I want to open myself up to new opportunities and experiences, and be ready to take them once they’re there.
Movies: Aliens, Batman Begins, Black Hawk Down, Coraline, Kinsey, LA Confidential, lots more.
TV Shows: Angel, The Shield, The Wire, Oz, Parks and Recreation, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Office, Yes, Minister. When it comes to comedy I prefer TV shows to movies.
Music: Chris Isaak, The Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, Ice Cube, The Coup, Massive Attack, Tom Waits, Jimi Hendrix. I love discovering a completely new band or musical genre, and just spending weeks listening to it and learning its subtleties.
Food: I love great Mexican food, particularly Burritos and chocolate-drizzled Churros. I like to cook, and enjoy making home-made pizzas.
The means to travel someplace new, even if it’s just up the road
Friends and family
The Internet and all its accumulated wisdom
* The book/TV show/movie that has currently captured my imagination.
* The writing project I'm currently working on. (There's always at least one)