- Grew up playing sports and I like to stay in shape. Exercise five or six times a week for all sorts of reasons (physical, mental, and now to maximize wave count)
- Lived and worked in Manhattan for fifteen years. Lower Manhatten is my home. Knew it when I was a kid in Long Island, knew when I later moved to MD, knew I would return at the first chance I got.
- Music is a big thing for me, everything from Armstrong and Ella to Sinatra, Allmans, Stones, and Zep, Beatles, Little Stevie to Stevie Ray, Sam Cooke, James Brown (The Godfather), The Cult, the Cars, Sex Pistols, Black Crowes, Blues Traveler, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Radiohead, Run DMC, Tribe Called Quest, JayZ, Phoenix, The Strokes, Spoon, Decemberists, Death Cab for Cutie, Blind Pilot, Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, and a little Beethoven and Bach sometimes too. Cannot get enough of The Lone Bellow. See them live. Trust me.
- All the normal stuff... Family, friends, food, yadayadayada... OK I realize that's flippant, so I'll let you in on a fun fact - my family and friends are awesome. Seriously. Family gatherings entail multiple generations, tons of love and laughs, great food & drink, multi-instrument spontaneous jam sessions with multi-part vocals and in-the-pocket harmonies. And did I mention love and laughs? I never miss one if I can help it.
- I cook, often. Would be nice to enjoy that with someone sometimes.
- play a little guitar and can carry a tune (it's a genetic thing); bought a ukulele and am loving it
- I don't really have a type, just know it when I feel it, but I'm attracted to sporty, intelligent, classically graceful women with beautiful eyes and a great smile (yup, I know, who isn't?), and a hint of awkward can be captivating too
Also - Einstein's Cosmos: How Einstein's vision transformed our understanding of space & time; The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, hidden dimensions, and the quest for the ultimate theory... I'm still and forever trying to wrap my mind around quantum physics... Someday.
Big Hero 6!, A Fish Called Wanda, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Jerk, Die Hard, The Godfather, Braveheart, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Hangover, Bridesmaids, Interstellar...