I'm Chinese (it runs in the family) but I get asked about twice a week whether or not I'm Hawaiian. One time, after I answered No, someone asked me if I was sure.. wtf!? haha! People have also suggested that I am Hispanic, Latin, Indian, and "Texan." And recently someone said that they appreciated learning more about my culture by watching Slumdog Millionaire. yeah. For the record, I don't carry an abacus around, am not great with math, I pronounce "Rolling Rock" with all the appropriate L and R sounds, I don't own either a nail salon or a laundromat (though if you do, i'd love a discount), and I don't walk around saying "Me love you lonnng tiiime." I can speak Chinese but not very well, and I can't do karate though I'm pretty much a card-carrying ninja (which also runs in the family).
I'm a huge Duke basketball fan (I went there for my master's) and enjoy going to the gym. Otherwise, I spend my time Grad Studenting, Binge Papering, Leading the blind, Pitying the fool, Being laid back, and Wandering Aimlessly. I've played the piano for 20 years, and I also bartend on the side. One day I hope to own a Sham Wow.
I have a wide range of interests but tend to love intellectual conversations and laid back people who are open minded.
I tend to befriend people very easily, and have an uncanny ability to remember lots of details about people.
Movies / TV Shows - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Tosh.0, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Weeds, Mad Men, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, American Beauty, 500 Days of Summer, The Hangover, Little Miss Sunshine, 40 Year Old Virgin, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Weather Man, Scent of a Woman
Music - 80s music, alternative, anything acoustic, Vampire Weekend, Dashboard Confessional, Linkin Park, Jack Johnson, Ray LaMontagne, Breaking Benjamin, The Killers, Kings of Leon, some rap / R&B
Food - Chinese, Thai, Indian, sushi, Italian, a good burger
2. Family. Because they're bread and butter.
3. Friends. I'm loyal to a fault and expect the same of my friends.
4. Music. A wise person once said, "They can take everything from me - my possessions, my limbs, my sight - but they can never strip me from my soul and the music within."
5. My Passport. I love traveling, and I'm known to take quick, impulsive trips abroad.
6. My Abacus. Good asians never leave home without it. j/k. Books. I love reading, especially with a nice cup of coffee.