So to be clear, I don't actually 'live' wherever it says above... I'm just passing through. I could be here a few days, or a few months, or may not yet be in town.
I love experiencing new things, meeting new people and exploring new locations.
Professionally, I'm an entrepreneurial tech geek, usually dabbling in several projects ranging from mobile app development, consulting, advising and writing.
I work remotely using cellular internet with ever changing amazing office views... all the while always being exactly where I want to be. I travel to awesome places, attend amazing events and meet fantastic people. Yeah, my life does not suck :)
Many years later, we're still nomadically traveling and couldn't be happier.
We've had many adventures; from RVing across the USA, living in the Virgin Islands, riding the rails, backpacking to Alaska and cruising the waterways.
Our full time US land homebase is 1961 converted vintage bus (think old Greyhound style), and we mix it up with exploring the Great Loop by water in our cruising vessel part of the year. Who knows what the future brings?
If you're intrigued by a full-time nomadic lifestyle, I invite you to visit our blog at: Technomadia.com
Current Travel Update:
Our vague and always manifesting upcoming travel 'plans' *:
Spring/Summer 2017 - Getting acclimated to life on the water by moving aboard our new-to-us boat.
I'm also quite good at navigating, social media, organizing things, priming a 2-stroke diesel engine, painting your toe nails, enjoying the moment, finding scenic routes, figuring things about on the fly, conserving resources, living lightly, mixing drinks, making yummy one-pot meals and adapting to my ever changing surroundings.
For others who notice the more subtle stuff, it might be the wiggle in my every move, that I'm actually quite introverted despite my sometimes outgoing demeanor, that I have natural rhythm with whatever music I'm dancing to, that I'm wearing no make-up or may not have shaved my legs recently (or maybe I have.. but I really don't care).
So.. my best stab at this:
(a) Non-fiction about personality, philosophy, sociology, travel, conscious living/life-by-design, life hacking, technology, sexuality or relationships, and perhaps an occasional sci-fi book.
(b) Sci-Fi, Adventure, Indie/Quirky, Classics, Musicals, Animation, Comedy. I actually enjoy watching TV series - a well done long story arc over a long time is quite satisfying.
(c) I seem to have no capacity for remembering artists, songs, lyrics, or music trivia. I will probably groove to whatever you're playing (I may even break out my fire dance gear!) - but just don't expect me to be able to converse intelligently about it.
(d) Tex-Mex, Sushi, Thai and Indian are some of my favorites. I'm gluten free and pescatarian (for health & energy use reasons, and don't care what others around me eat) and I love frozen deserts.
* A space that I can call home to recharge at
* Well designed mobile gadgets that keep me connected
* Physical touch - snuggles, holding hands, caressing, long deep kisses and yes, sex
* Versatile shoes that can traverse mountains and dance the night away
* Quality time with awesome people
* Soaking in hot water and/or hot showers with yummy smelling soaps (bonus when combined with quality time with cool people!)
Between being self employed and nomadic, I hardly notice what day of the week it is.
And for sure, 'typical' would not be a word to describe much in my life.
I long ago gave up the idea of privacy.
I've been a blogger since the early 2000s, and been socializing online since the mid 1980s.
I live my life pretty uncensored - you can find more out about me than you care to with a simple google search.
Here's some snipets of my more alternative views:
- I've been exploring polyamory since 1992 and have been quite "out" about it. Like, been in the media 'out'. I've been in live-together 'group marriages' and part of extended networks. While Chris is also poly-identified, nomadic lifestyle doesn't lend itself to the depth & regularity of relationships we prefer, so we concentrate mostly on just us. Not saying we rule out that a compatible life mate might enter our lives, but we're also not seeking. (Translation: No - I'm not interested in going on a romantic date or seeing where things lead. But if you find yourself intrigued by us, and might like to say... join our nomadic flotilla.. be in touch.)
- I am sex-positive. Sex is a contributive thing in my life, I value my body and my sensual side. And I am VERY picky about who I share myself with. (Translation: Nope, I'm not interested in hook-ups.)
- Despite my wonderfully curvy feminine figure - I have never strongly identified as female, and have been child free by choice for a long while. (Translation: I'm just me.)
- I am attracted to amazing people. Gender, orientation, age, race, hair color, body type, toe nail color and the like are ultimately non-determining physical traits in my interest in others. (Translation: I value you for you.)
We love rendezvouses with other nomads too!
Please don't let distance stop you - I travel all over, and you just never know when technomads might roll into town. On the flip side, if my current location is near you - act now. We could be moving on soon.