I'm 100% deaf in both ears, but I do wear a cochlear implant- I will explain fully and in detail just what that means and what it pertains to, and it does allow me to hear you to some extent; It's a slight bit complicated, and I don't mind explaining. It's not a sensitive subject, I really don't mind answering questions about it. Some of the more common ones:
* No, I wasn't born deaf, I lost my hearing to bacterial meningitis when I was 5.
* Yes, I can take the external bit off, as easily as someone taking off their glasses to go to bed. This also means I could potentially lose it.
* No, when it's off, I can't hear anything, whatsoever.
* It's not really uncomfortable, but when I'm 100% relaxing I prefer not to wear it.
I also play a LOT of Warframe.
I also apparently have gorgeous eyes.
Music: I'll listen to anything at least once.
Movies: Anime in general, Dark Knight, Avatar, watchmen... A lot of movies. I'm a big fan of James Bond, specifically Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig. I could watch Skyfall a hundred times, I never get tired of it.
Food: Anything that will hold still long enough for me to stick a fork in it, I'll try. Not a big fan of excess tomato sauce, though; if given the choice, I prefer stuff done with alfredo sauce.
2) My pets. Had animals since I was very young, can't imagine living without 'em.
3) My friends. I don't make friends very easily, and I hate losing the ones I have.
4) My family. We have our ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade a single second with them for the world.
5) My cellphone. My only connection to some of my more distant friends!
6) uhm... Oxygen? Can't think of a sixth thing. Probably my sense of humor... I couldn't stand myself if I didn't have my sense of humor.
I've gotten 44 Likes- come on, y'all, surely not *all* of them are from bots. You can message me! I promise I can restrain my rampant nerdery long enough to have a conversation about normal things.
Or you're bored and just want somebody to chatter with. Whatever floats your boat.