- I host sporadic summer rain dance parties
- I invent unique car games such as who can make the most truck drivers smile.
- I'm incredibly clumsy (Like trip-and-sprain-my-ankle-on-the-way-to-the-bathroom-in-the-middle-of-the-night-clumsy)
Basically, I'm a bit of a fun-loving, yet accident prone, goofball.
However, I do have a (slightly more) serious side...
I have a hunger for knowledge that I hope is never satiated. I want to explore everything and anything I can, be that food, science, countries, cultures, music, sports, differing perspectives, or really anything besides drugs.
I live by the golden rule and I always try to see the other side of any conflict. It's what makes me compassionate, openminded, and the perfect devil's advocate.
I crave travel and adventure. I have a life goal of visiting every continent and as many countries as possible before I die. I also love getting outside and exploring nature, be that hiking through the forest, fishing on a secret lake up in Canada, or skydiving (haven't done this yet but I really want to!!).
MOVIES: I love all movies, good and bad. Here are a few of my current favorites: Singing in the Rain, Hook, X-Men, True Grit, It's a Wonderful Life, The Sound of Music, Bridesmaids, Hitch, Mean Girls, The Truman Show, The Candyman, the Harry Potter movies, The Notebook, PS I Love you, Penelope, and Because I Said So.
TV SHOWS: Doctor Who, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Psych, Community, Shameless, True Blood, The Good Wife, and Gilmore Girls
MUSIC: I listen to pretty much anything that's on the radio. I don't really listen to much rap or country though. Some of my current favorite singers/bands are: Eric Hutchinson, Bing Crosby, Adele, Flogging Molly, Lily Allen, Mumford & Sons, Ingrid Michaelson, The Beatles, Michael Buble, Jack Johnson, Andy Grammer, OneRepublic, and Patrick Park
FOOD: I love to try new foods and there are very few things out there that I won't try! Sadly I'm not a huge fan of chocolate but I still try it on occasion to re-establish this opinion.
SPORTS: I enjoy watching most sports though I'd much rather play them. Volleyball is by far my favorite sport. I played it in high school (as well as basketball and track), in college (on the club team), and in a few indoor leagues. This year is my first attempt at coaching a girl's club team and I'm finding it incredibly rewarding.
TRAVEL: My favorite place in the whole world is up in Canada, on a lake that I've been visiting every year since before I was born. Followed closely behind there is London or the UK in general, then Ireland, and then maybe Austria, Germany, and Italy. I really want to go to Greece next but if I had the opportunity to go anywhere else new, I'd take it in a heartbeat!
1. Volleyball- I love playing this sport. I love watching this sport. I dream about this sport. Suffice it to say, living without it would be difficult.
2. Travel- I just can't stay in the same place for too long. I need to get away, experience the world, learn to appreciate what I have back home, and then return home and stay until I feel the travel bug kick in again. It's an essential cycle in my life. I don't always have to go somewhere far; I just need a change of scenery.
3. Milk- If I haven't had a glass in 24 hours, then I'm probably sick.
4. Flip flops- I wear them 24/7 up until there is snow on the ground. My feet are just naturally warmer and they feel stuffy and restricted in real shoes.
5. A truly good book- I need books that keep me up late at night, so mesmerizing that I keep lying to myself saying I'll go to bed after the next chapter. If you've recently read any books like this please feel free to let me know! I'm always looking for great new books.
6. Dogs- I've always felt a special connection with dogs and if I had to live a life without them, I'd always feel like something was missing in my life.