I'm very laid back and cheery, but can be serious around topics that are important to me. I get frustrated (but generally understanding) when I see people being greedy or inconsiderate to each other, and I'm fiercely honest and loyal to friends. I generally assume the best in people unless they give me repeated reasons to think otherwise.
I graduated from Cornell double majoring in Engineering Physics and Computer Science, so expect some nerdy conversations. I'm also interested in politics, economics, and history. I'm fluent in two languages and can carry simple conversations in two more.
I believe life isn't about goals, but about balance and continual progress. I try to balance these three equally important aspects:
1) Learning about and exploring the world.
2) Spending time with family and friends.
3) Achieving financial independence so I can choose to work only on projects I enjoy and believe will make the world a better place.
I love adventure movies, comedies, and documentaries.
I'm a fan of going to shows with friends. Musicals, orchestra performances, opera - I enjoy them all!
I have a wide taste in music - I listen to music to suit my mood. Recently, I've been listening to a bunch of indy rock, especially Wolfwother, Cage the Elephant, Foster the People, and Weezer.
To me, the most important thing about food is variety! Usually I'll choose the thing on the menu I've had the least or haven't heard of before. As a result, I've tried (and like) a lot of the stranger foods out there like durian, stinky tofu, hákarl (Icelandic "rotten" shark), fugu, insects, moose, etc.
2) Being outdoors.
3) The prospect of exploring somewhere new.
4) Great and varied food.
5) Good beer and wine.
6) Letting my mind ponder life.
- Are a genuinely nice, open-minded, and happy person.
- Are excited to learn about, explore, and experience the world.
- Love the outdoors.
- Believe in equality for all (including having an equal relationship).
- Are independent, adaptable, and willing to learn/try new things.
Please message me if you want to chat or meet! I can get pretty lazy in contacting people :P