I'm very laid back and cheery, but can be serious around topics that are important to me. I get frustrated (but generally understanding) when I see people being greedy or inconsiderate, and I'm fiercely honest and loyal to friends. I assume the best in people unless they give me repeated reasons to think otherwise.
I graduated from Cornell double majoring in Engineering Physics and Computer Science, so expect some nerdy conversations. I'm also interested in politics, economics, and history. I'm fluent in two languages and can carry simple conversations in two more (excluding languages I use to talk to computers).
I believe life isn't about goals, but about balance and continual progress. I try to balance these three equally important aspects:
1) Learning about and exploring the world.
2) Spending time with family and friends.
3) Achieving FI (financial independence) so I can choose to work only on projects I enjoy and believe will make the world a better place.
I love adventure movies, comedies, documentaries, and cartoons. Disney and Studio Ghibli are amazing. Indiana Jones, Lawrence of Arabia, and Star Wars are some of my favourite movies.
I have a wide taste in music - I listen to music to suit my mood. Recently, I've been listening to a bunch of indy rock, especially Wolfwother, Cage the Elephant, Imagine Dragons, Gorillaz, and Weezer.
To me, the most important thing about food is variety! Usually I'll choose the thing on the menu I've had the least or haven't heard of before. As a result, I've tried (and like) a lot of the stranger foods out there like durian, stinky tofu, hákarl (Icelandic "rotten" shark), fugu, insects, moose, etc.
2) Being outdoors.
3) The prospect of exploring somewhere new.
4) Great and varied food.
5) Good beer and wine.
6) Letting my mind ponder life.
- Are a genuinely nice, open-minded, and happy person.
- Are excited to learn about, explore, and experience the world.
- Love the outdoors.
- Believe in equality for all (including having an equal relationship).
- Are a "mustachian": someone who believes happiness lies in a simple life away from competitive consumerism.
Go ahead and message me if you think we'd get along! I don't believe in that whole gals should wait for guys to reach out nonsense :P