In terms of day-to-day personality, I'm super laid-back, understanding, and can be overly honest. I'm very cheerful, optimistic, and like to tackle problems head-on. I tend to be somewhat sarcastic and dry-humoury around people I'm comfortable with, and I'm extremely progressive and kind of a rebel.
I graduated from Cornell double majoring in Engineering Physics and Computer Science, so expect some nerdy conversations. I'm also interested in politics, economics, and history. I'm fluent in two languages and can carry simple conversations in two more (excluding languages I use to talk to computers).
I believe life isn't about goals, but about balance and continual progress. I try to balance these three equally important aspects:
1) Learning about and exploring the world.
2) Spending time with family and friends.
3) Achieving FI (financial independence) so I can choose to work only on projects I enjoy and believe will make the world a better place.
I love adventure movies, comedies, documentaries, and cartoons. Disney, Pixar, and Studio Ghibli are amazing. Indiana Jones, Lawrence of Arabia, and Star Wars are some of my favourite movies.
I have a wide taste in music - I listen to music to suit my mood. Recently, I've been listening to mostly indy rock, especially Wolfwother, Cage the Elephant, Imagine Dragons, American Authors, Weezer, and Caravan Palace.
To me, the most important thing about food is variety! Usually I'll choose the thing on the menu I've had the least or haven't heard of before. As a result, I've tried (and like) a lot of the stranger foods out there like durian, stinky tofu, hákarl (Icelandic "rotten" shark), fugu, insects, moose, etc.
2) Being outdoors.
3) The prospect of exploring somewhere new.
4) Great and varied food.
5) Good beer and wine.
6) Completing a list even when I have nothing more to add.
- Are a genuinely nice, open-minded, and happy person.
- Are excited to learn about, explore, and experience the world.
- Are progressive, especially if you believe in equality for all (including having an equal relationship).
- Are a "mustachian": someone who believes happiness lies in a simple life away from competitive consumerism.
Go ahead and message me if you think we'd get along! I don't believe in that whole sexist "gals should wait for guys" nonsense :P