I really dig old buildings, I like to climb them, fix them, chase the pigeons off the parapets. I recently talked to someone that took a vacation to Detroit to explore the old buildings and it's history (awesome). I like the outdoors, been rock climbing for years. Into music, travelled 35 countries with a Peruvian folkloric music band but then Jimmy quit and Jody got married (BTW - this is not a joke). I've been to another 20 countries for global health work and just to see them. I recently heard a quote, "The past is full of regret and the future is full of uncertainty" - I found that really sad. I prefer, "the past is full of wonder and future full of anticipation". Call me a glass half-full kind of guy.
I could 'possibly' be described as a geek. When I was in high school I saved my failing Latin grade by writing an English-Latin translator program. My Latin teacher was so impressed he passed me.
I am looking to make new friends and am always open to new experiences. I like intellectually stimulating conversation.
Oh and no disclaimers or warnings here. LIKE WHEN PEOPLE SHOUT IN THEIR PROFILE!. What a turn off. Take care of yourself and others will do the same. I have already met several amazing people here and look forward to meeting more.
Let's chat. Lets have a coffee, go climbing, join a drum circle, go for a jog, arm wrestle, watch a movie, finger paint on the walls, make a salad. Ask me questions!
PS: Why do people put pictures of their pets in their profile? I mean pics of them WITH their pet sure but I am not interested in dating someones cat. Also, regarding age. A lot of people lie about their age in their profiles. I am as old as stated but physically I am probably 10 years younger - the results of clean living (well, relatively clean). All my pics are as dated (most this year). I am not 30 pounds heavier or 10 years older looking that what you see.
Growing Bhut Jolokias
Playing the Zampona
Pushups (not the bra)
The science section of Trivial Pursuits
Packing a suitcase (I can get a lot of stuff in there)
Books: Snow Crash (its the future...read it), Diaspora (very heady stuff, I wish this future was now. This book describes how technology will eventually save us all), Anything by Follet or Scalzi. And my all time favorite, The Crusader Paintings in the Gatehouse of Akronauplia, Greece.
#1, Groundhog Day, it contains all of life's secrets. I could watch that movie every day....HAR! I crack myself up.
#2: ELF. " he's an ANgry elf",
#3: V for Vendetta
#4: Cabin in the Woods
#5: Fear and Trembling
#6: The Princess Bride ("Oh you mean the R.O.U.S.? I don't believe they exist...")
2) Hot Peppers
3) Rock Climbing
4) Dreams (i am a vivid dreamer, I wish I could invite you to watch - they are pretty epic. Makes me wonder who is directing them!)
5) Cuban Cigars
6) Helium (how else would we blow up the floaty balloon animals and talk like a munchkin??)
- Why do people take pictures of themselves in the bathroom mirror? I mean seriously? "Hi, this is me with my toilet". I know it's the biggest mirror in the house but really? It's NOT attractive. Get a friend!
- Do married people really live longer or does it just FEEL longer? (I actually enjoyed my marriage and time flew but this was too funny to not include).
- Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse? (the ultimate revenge)
- How come abbreviation is such a long word?
- If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress? (no wonder the USA is going bankrupt)
- If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?
You should REALLY REALLY message me if: You climb (or want to learn), don't get sick on boats, like spicy food, have an open mind, are not constrained by traditional thinking, know what GOT or BSG stands for.