I'm looking for the perfect Amazing Race partner. The punk to my rock. The wit to my banter. The one who makes the every day feel like an adventure. He must love silliness, tolerate NPR, and be willing to make all the important phone calls. Snuggling addicts welcome. Intelligence is hot. Facial hair and glasses don't hurt either.
I am optimistic, compassionate, and talkative.
Three things I'd like to do right now:
1) Travel. Niagara Falls? Disney World? Any National Park in the country? Afternoon in NYC? Yes and please. I need a travel buddy!
2) Quizzo. A standing quizzo date would be awesome. If you're good, it's even better!
3) Beer. I never really liked beer, but awhile ago I went to a beer tasting and gained a whole new appreciation for it. Now I'm just enjoying sampling new brews. I've gotten pretty good with being able to pick something I'll like, but I'm still intimidated by certain varieties. IPAs, I'm talking about you.
My friend calls me the coolest nerd he knows. I'm pretty proud of that.
Movies: Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, Life is Beautiful, Harvey, Memento, Monty Python's The Quest for the Holy Grail, Top Gun, When Harry Met Sally, Fight Club, Gandhi, 50 First Dates (I cry every single time I watch it even though it's silly!), American President, Knocked Up, 500 Days of Summer, and Amelie. Lately I love nothing more than French films. Go subtitles. I love documentaries in an unhealthy way.
Shows: How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Downton Abbey, Parks and Rec, The League, Law and Order: SVU, Covert Affairs, Girls. I'll watch pretty much anything on HGTV.
Music: Well...I listen to 104.5 and that should give you a general idea of my taste. But I love so much other stuff too. Right now I'm addicted to Ray Lamontagne, Jason Mraz, Ry Cooder, Jewel, Hootie and the Blowfish, Ingrid Michaelson, Joshua Radin, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, and Cake. Add the Fratellis, Adele, Mumford and Sons, Taylor Swift, and a strange obsession with Pitbull.
Foods: Thai, Asian fusion, Chinese, Ethiopian, my grandmom's mashed potatos, dessert, red flannel hash, really good Jersey Italian, croissants, scones, animal crackers, anything peanut butter, guacamole, Greek, sushi, french fries, breakfast (all of it!)
Worth mentioning. I've also become a big fan of public radio/podcasts. My favorite shows right now are This American Life, PodMed, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, A Prairie Home Companion, Serial, and Thrilling Adventure Hour. I'm always looking for new ones.
2) Faith and all the wonderful people I've met because of it
3) Facebook...it's the only way I can keep up with all my friends scattered all over the world
4) A book to read. And/or my Kindle.
5) Some kind of chapstick.
6) My color coded Google Calender.
How to be a better person in general.
Plans for my next adventure...next up is a weekend in Hoboken visiting my best friend and nephew.
I am hopelessly clumsy.
I really enjoy crocheting.
I own ducky footie pajamas.
I once built a 7 level tower out of sugar packets. I have never been able to duplicate this, but I occasionally enjoy trying.
You're looking for a smart, sometimes silly, usually smiling, independent lady for debates, dining, and general adventures.
If you're a hipjackster. Ask for details.
You have male answer syndrome. Yes, it's real and I like it.
You want to drink seasonal beer with me.
If you're a Christian who can tolerate my liberal leanings, or a liberal who isn't afraid of a girl who goes to church.
If you send me a copy paste form message, I will respond with a link about how to write a first message. You probably won't like that. I consider it my public service to the ladies of OkC.