- Born in Alaska, moved to Florida in 4th grade, moved to Nashville the same year.
- Got my BS in molecular biology at UT-Chattanooga
- Got my MD from UT, did my internal medicine residency in Memphis (UT), and now I'm doing my infectious disease fellowship in the Twin Cities (UMinn)
- Love relief work, both here at home and abroad. Spent a month working in a rural hospital in Kenya during residency, planning on spending time in Uganda next year, and continue to work in public health here.
- Love traveling, and have already marked Canada, Italy, Kenya and Russia off of my list.
- Love playing tennis, playing guitar, going to concerts, and I always have some sort of music playing at home or work.
I think that about sums it up from a "summary" point of view. I'm an open book, so feel free to message me!
Movies: Night Watch, Day Watch, Goodfellas, Casino, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Outbreak, Contagion, Romeo + Juliet, Clerks, Clerks II, Clue, Dr. Strangelove, Top Secret, Stiff Upper Lip, Hunger Games, and a ton others.
Shows: Arrested Development, Always Sunny in Philidelphia, The League, Absolutely Fabulous, Brigada, Black Adder, Father Ted, The Daily Show, Star Trek: DS9, Battlestar Galactica
Music: David Bowie (by far my favorite!), Dresden Dolls, Orion Rigel Dommisse, Birdeatsbaby, TheCoathangers, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Cake Bake Betty, , Glukoza, No Doubt, Yulia Savicheva, Kate Nash, Noize MC...so many others
Food: General Tso's chicken, chow mei fan, enchiladas, chicken vindaloo, naan, vegetable samosa with tamarind chutney, various other odds and ends.
3. Someone to joke around with
5. At least SOME of my books
6. A plan for surviving the zombie apocalypse. I mean, come on...what are you going to do without one when hell is full and the dead walk the earth? (Okay, admittedly, I just couldn't come up with a 6th).