ProTip: This monster of a profile is practically a novel, but the really important stuff is in the "You should message me if" section, so just skip down if you're in a hurry.
I was born in New Jersey and grew up in California (mostly in the lovely and soul-crushingly dull mountain ski resort of Big Bear Lake) before moving around to Texas and Maryland and then finally reaching the PNW in 2003. I couldn't be more at home. This is definitely were I belong and where I plan to stay. Cold, wet, and dark is where it's at. The sun can get bent.
MBTI is pretty much totally absurd, but if you really must know: INTJ.
I'm looking to meet easygoing, smart ladies with a charmingly geeky streak for relaxed, no-pressure casual dating adventures around this great city. If that sounds like you, I'd love to hear from you.
A strong tendency toward the weird and fantastic here. I also read a lot of non-fiction in the realms of history, folklore, ecology, and zoology.
I'm a movie nut. I love horror, noir, science fiction, and the classics going all the way back to the silent era. I have a strong affinity for cult and B movies. Scarecrow Video here in Seattle is my home away from home.
I actually don't watch a lot these days. When I do, it's science fiction, horror, and animated comedy mainly. Go, Team Venture!
I have the official worst musical taste in Seattle. Just imagine an unholy amalgamation of synthpop, New Wave, goth, 60s psychedelia, 80s pop, and 90s alternative rock.
Too much to list! Italian and Japanese cuisine are especially appreciated, though. I'm a fiend for tea and cheese = God. I appreciate great vegan and vegetarian food, but am 100% omnivorous. If it tastes good, it's going in my mouth.
2. Books/movies/games (tie)
4. Good food and tea
5. Cute animals
6. Sexy time
But also folklore (especially urban legends, folk magic, and the Western grimoire tradition), zoology, ecology, idealistic green anarchist theory, and games of all kinds.
(And whether this profile I've made is hurting my chances by requiring too much reading. Attention spans aren't what they used to be...)
On the whole, I'm probably more of an indoor person than an outdoor one when it comes to activities. When I go out, it's usually to a movie, bookstore, concert, or restaurant. However, I do love camping as well as the ocean and will take any excuse to ride a boat (even the ferries count).
Reading or at the book store.
Watching movies at home or a local small theater like The Grand Illusion. Or browsing the stacks at Scarecrow Video for rare gems.
Playing games. Retro 8 and 16-bit video games, board games, card games, tabletop RPGs, even going out to a real old-school video arcade, it's all good.
While it isn't really "typical Friday stuff" I also enjoy concerts (saw Pat Benatar most recently because I'm just that cool) and conventions themed around stuff I'm passionate about like horror, roleplaying, and retro videogaming.
My favorite animal is the almighty TAPIR! I'm also especially fond of rodents and birds, but I love every type of creature. Yes, every type; reptiles, invertebrates, all of them). Check my photos for some major cuteness.
I have an inexplicable love for lighthouses and always dreamed of being a lighthouse keeper. Sadly, there's not much demand anymore.
I've actually had some of my Dungeons & Dragons material published. Neeeeerd!
I have a huge weakness for the paranormal: Ghosts, cryptozoology, UFOs, strange disappearances, the works. Even though I don't actually believe in any of it!
I once tried to eat the stick of gum included in a 24 year-old pack of "Garbage Pail Kids" cards. It didn't end well.
First, a disclaimer: I have a lengthy history of long term monogamous relationships. I've been married. At this point in my life, I'm not looking for anything like this. I've come to accept that I'm an independent and fairly introverted person who needs a good deal of space and alone time (although definitely not ALL the time!). As such, I have zero interest in exclusive relationships with commitments, obligations, attachment, clinging, jealousy, and the like. I also have no interest in cohabitation or the mingling of finances or other resources. I don't require another person to complete me. I've sometimes heard this lifestyle referred to as solo polyamory or relationship anarchy (which sounds way more badass), if you prefer that sort of descriptor. Anyway: End of disclaimer! Yay!
So here's the list; seven non-obvious things that I consider to be the most important in a match. They're not ranked or anything. Each is about equally vital.
1. Either non-religious or only slightly so. Religion is a touchy issue. I find it to be farcical and needless. I won't say that I can't abide it at all in others, but please no prosthelytizing zealots in any case!
2. Not a bigot (anti-feminist, homophobic, transphobic, etc). If you don't understand why calling people "fags" or any racial or gendered epithet is incredibly shitty, we won't get along.
3. Pretty progressive. As a die-hard socialist/anarchist type, I tend not to get along with Republicans, Randroids, and other right-leaners. To say the least.
4. Childfree. Touchy subject, but I'll be blunt: I don't enjoy the company of children. On the other hand, there are so many wonderful women who have them. Bottom line: We might be able to have some fun times out together if you're not childfree, but I don't want to hang out with kids or play daddy. Please be aware of this.
5. A non-smoker. It just grosses me out.
6. Cool with geekery. D&D and other tabletop roleplaying games, video games both new and classic, history, folklore, cult and "genre" (fantasy, horror, science fiction) movies... Most of my interests are pretty damn nerdy. It'd be cool if yours are, too.
7. Actually interested in dating. Like, in person. If you just like messaging people online for its own sake, it's better to skip over me.
If this is you, YOU REALLY NEED TO BE DATING ME RIGHT NOW, SUCKA! SEND ME A MESSAGE!