I come from Paris. From my mum, to be precise. Product of nature and science, I was born in the year of grace 1983 in a hospital in the 15th district of the city. I am Armenian, and I didn't speak French until the age of 5, since my parents did not want me to learn speaking the bad French they spoke and they said that I would learn it at school. Fortunately, school did its job right. So I quickly locked myself up in a world of books and stories to read and tell. I was this weird kid in school, the one who lives in his own world and feels more comfortable in fiction than in reality. I grew up and opened myself to the world, but I always keep that part of childhood and dreams.
I teach screenwriting in a film school in Paris and I write on the side, sometimes screenplays, sometimes articles on the internet.
I spend my days either at work, reading cool things, or talking to friends. And when I'm really bored, I make short films in stop motion with my stuffed animals and my Lego, or I masturbate.
Oh, and the normal stuff too, seeing friends, watching movies, drinking etc.
Rock n' Roll.
- Face by Peter Milligan & Duncan Fegredo
- Dermaphoria by Craig Clevenger
- Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem
- Love & Rockets by Los Hernandez Bros.
- King City by Brandon Graham
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World by Edgar Wright
- Putney Swope by Robert Downey Sr.
- >Detention by Joseph Kahn
- Where the Wild Things Are by Spike Jonze
- Attack the Block by Joe Cornish
- Comfort Eagle by Cake
- Come On Over (Take Me On) by Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
- Thirty-Three by The Smashing Pumpkins
- I Was a Teenage Werewolf by The Cramps
- She Gone by Gonjasufi
- Adventure Time by Pendleton Ward
- Rick & Morty by Justin Roiland & Dan Harmon
- The Amazing World of Gumball by Ben Bocquelet
- Superjail by Karacas/Warbrick/Gruber
- Venture Brothers by Jackson Publick/Doc Hammer
Books: Alan Moore, John Fante, Charles Bukowski, Lewis Carroll, Fyodor Dostoyevski, Rick Remender, Garth Ennis, Frank Miller, Peter Milligan, James Joyce, John Steinbeck, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Craig Clevenger, Jack Kerouac, Henry Miller, Franz Kafka, Raymond Chandler, Boris Vian, Edgar Alan Poe etc.
Movies: Jim Jarmusch, Steven Spielberg, Orson Welles, David Fincher, John Carpenter, John Woo, Tsui Hark, Edgar Wright, Martin Scorsese, Wes Anderson, Oliver Stone, Akira Kurosawa, Tex Avery, Vincent Gallo, Robert Zemeckis, Alfred Hitchcock, David Cronenberg, Sam Peckinpah, William Friedkin, Quentin Tarantino, John Huston etc.
Music: Tom Waits, Johnny Cash, The Clash, The Kinks, The Who, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Gil Scott Heron, Sufjan Stevens, TV on the Radio, Fleet Foxes, David Bowie, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, 10 CC, NOFX, Body Count, The Pharcyde, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, Miles Davis, Daniel Balavoine, M83, Basement Jaxx, Hans Zimmer, Elvis Presley, Prince etc.
Life, death, sex etc.
Oh, and about the reason why my highest matches usually have nicknames that end with "-asaurus", "-inabox" or "-tron".
But mainly the life, death and sex thing.