Once all that is out of the way, I like to play games. Video games, board games, D&D, and whatever else I can talk people into.
Forming strategies and handling problems is something I enjoy in real life and in games. I focus on solutions, not on problems.
When it comes to dating and relationships, here are the things I value above everything else:
To start, I don't break plans. You can count on me to be where I say I will be when I say I will be there. I prefer someone who shares the same tendency.
I also think communication is important. I don't expect to be a perfect fit for anyone right out of the gate. I have always felt that there is always going to be some degree of compromise when establishing a strong relationship, and being able to communicate likes and dislikes is incredibly important to accomplishing that goal.
Having shared hobbies, as well as individual hobbies is also important. There has to be things we both like to do together, and things we like to do on our own.
When it comes to starting a relationship, an aspect I think that is important to establish ahead of time is relationship goals. Heading in the same direction and having the same amount of enthusiasm when it comes to spending time together is perhaps the most important thing people often forget to consider. I feel it really shapes the nature of any relationship, so establishing those goals and having at least a general idea of what each person wants is really important to me.
As far as my personality, I can be pretty polarizing, so I suppose it depends on who you ask.
People who get along with me might say my openness, or my tendency to joke about anything.
People who can't stand me might say my openness, or my tendency to joke about anything.
I am an avid moviegoer, and will watch dozens of new release movies each year. I also rent a lot of movies from Redbox or watch movies on Hulu or Netflix. I don't have a specific type and I will watch just about anything once. Some movies I enjoyed watching include Snatch, Lucky Number Sleven, Dogma, The Departed, the Matrix series, most super hero movies, Clerks, Sin City, most big budget animated movies, and most epic fantasy movies.
I don't watch T.V. as much as most people, but my roommate got me into a few of the shows that everyone else seems to think of as must-sees. Brooklyn Nine Nine and The Magicians are some of the shows I have enjoyed more recently. I like to watch the WWE Network as well.
As for food, I enjoy seafood and Italian cuisine the most. I wont shy away from anything though, and I will be the first person to try out any dish that is put in front of me. I do not tend to prefer spicy food however. Which really works out if you like it, because then you get your own food you don't have to worry about me eating it when you're not looking.
2. Entertainment. Movies, games, bowling, swimming, going to the park; I need something to occupy my free time.
3. Stability. I like having a steady job, paid bills, and reliable people in my life. I am the type of person to prioritize handling things that need to get done over other things I want to do.
4. Good food. I am not talking about sustenance just to sustain myself. I am talking about delicious food engineered specifically to be savored. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
5. Goals. Small or big, I am the type of person to set out to complete something. I enjoy the satisfaction of feeling like I accomplished something.
6. Laughter. I love to laugh, and I love to make the people around me laugh. I tend to be no-holds-barred with my humor, and I will make or laugh at any joke if I think it is funny, regardless of the subject matter.
I like some Nickleback songs.
... looking forward to a date night makes you smile all day.
If you are interested in hanging out, with at least some intention of establishing a long term relationship (eventually), and see me as someone that would be a good fit, I would argue that is as good a place to start as any.
Honestly, as long as you get the impression we might get along and aren't just looking for some casual fling, or are looking for someone to be 'just friends' with, I think we have similar enough goals in mind to give messaging each other a shot.