- I’m 37 and live in Ann Arbor. I graduated from the University of Michigan twice (undergrad and law school) and now work for the University. I’m a huge fan of all things U-M (sports, academics, culture) and am very proud of my association with the University and what it means/does as an organization. At the same time, I can appreciate other great schools/institutions as well.
- I am a lawyer who doesn’t technically practice law anymore but I have a great job that uses a lot of the same skills I developed as a lawyer but is instead focused on digital education. I truly love my job and if we get a chance to talk I’ll tell you more about it.
- I don’t have a huge family but we are very close. At the same time, I have lots of friends from different times in my life and have been fortunate in that respect. My friends all have a few things in common in that they’re good people (and inspire me to be a good person) and when we’re together we laugh a lot.
- I was raised Catholic but am not overly religious while respective whatever other people want to do as long as they don’t use their religion as an excuse/justification for being a jerk or being intolerant.
- Besides Ann Arbor, I’ve lived in metro Detroit (where I grew up), Chicago (9 years), and Los Angeles (a little less than a year) and have spent significant time in the following places when traveling for work during a past job: NYC (6 months), Boston (10 months), Madison, WI (10 months), and New Haven, CT (9 months).
- I don’t have any pets but I like animals (except for bugs, snakes and anything that can eat/kill me). I try to keep myself in good shape and think I do a better than average job at it (although like anyone I could probably do a little better).
- I like many different kinds/styles of food but if I’m forced to rank my favorites I’ll start with the cheeseburger and go from there (followed closely by Korean BBQ). I like good beer and wine. “Good” is definitely a broad adjective in this case. I try to drink tons of water. Finally, and I mean this, there is nothing better than a long dinner with a fun group of people.
- I am passionate about a range of causes from mentorship (I’m a big brother in Big Brothers Big Sisters) to helping the less fortunate to voting rights. Politically I lean way left socially and less left (although still left) economically. At the end of the day I try to be as nice/generous as possible to everyone and will apologize when I fall short.
- I am a first time uncle (and godfather) to my nephew who is less than six months old but appears to be quickly becoming awesome.
- I love reading about other people/places/times.
- I am a huge fan of going to the movies and binge-watching amazing TV.
- I’ve traveled a lot around these 50 States and some internationally as well (including a recent trip to Tokyo, which was amazing). I want to see more of the world ASAP.
- I take great pride in Spotify game. Picking the right song for the right moment is something I think I’m pretty good at.
About the type of woman I’m looking for:
Someone who is curious, optimistic, attractive, intelligent, driven, kind to others, funny, active, gives staying fit the old college try, a sports fan (or at least open to me non-ironically caring about sports), wants to see more of the world, loves food, loves to laugh and believes that life is better when you’re going living it with someone else who makes you want to live it better.
Also, I have to warn you that I will most likely make you smile (and probably even laugh) at some point the first time we meet. If you hate laughing, or have some kind of medical condition where smiling and/or laughing isn't a good idea, then we probably aren't a good match either. I'm just saying, I thought I'd be honest.
It's challenging and sometimes fun. But not as much fun as being a pro athlete would be. Or a rock star. Or a movie star. But as far
as "regular" jobs go, it's not too bad!
playing and watching sports
telling and laughing at jokes
listening to music
making fun of my friends (but in a nice way)
trying new things around the city
creating Spotify mixes
TV: Silicon Valley, Veep, Catastrophe, Game of Thrones, Fargo, Modern Family, The Goldbergs, Mastter of None
Movies: I need to put some more thought into this one b/c it's a much tougher list to decide on.