In my free time I like to attend theater shows, visit the many museums of the city and go for walks to explore the parks. Sometimes I find the children's section in a bookstore and sit on the floor reading Dr. Seuss books.
Also run. It keeps me sane.
Explaining mathematical and scientific concepts.
Coming up with and creating costumes.
As for movies, I love a lot of them, though I'm not a big fan of potty humor or laughing at other people's embarrassment, so most Will Ferrell movies are out. I'm a huge sucker for chick flicks, especially if they have Julia Roberts or Katherine Heigl in them, but I've also been know to watch old westerns with my Dad. My favorite movie would have to be How to Train Your Dragon. I've seen it about 20 times, it never gets old, and no matter what mood I'm in, it always makes me happy.
My favorite show is the West Wing. This is a deal breaker. If you hate the West Wing, we can't be friends. I also carry a deep love for Battlestar Galactica, Firefly and Gilmore Girls (I will not force you to watch this one, its a guilty pleasure and I know it.)
I have an incredibly eclectic taste in music which includes everything from Led Zepplin to Lady Antebellum to Joanna Newsom to They Might be Giants to every Disney song ever released. Most days my favorite song is Only the Good Die Young by Billy Joel.
2. Seasons. I don't think I could ever live somewhere that didn't have seasons. I complain about the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter, but I love having picnics on a warm day and I get happy every time it snows.
3. My laptop. I know it's materialistic, but my life would be incredibly difficult without it. Its tiny and light and it not only holds all of my lesson plans but it allows me to plan and do work in all kinds of interesting locations.
4. My hometown. I grew up in a small rural New England community where no one locks their doors and everyone knows everyone else's business. I'm incredibly proud of my small town childhood and the way it shaped the person I am. Though I don't want to settle there, I am often homesick for its simplistic beauty.
5. My sense of wonder. Besides being a science person, I am also a theater person, and my high school theater director used to talk a lot about maintaining a sense of wonder in the world. Seeing the beauty in things and wondering at its existence is something that I try to remember to do every day.
6. Hats. I love wearing hats. I look good in hats, and I own many ridiculous hats which I wear whenever I get the chance.
Ridiculous things when I should be thinking about work.
In person, a lot more than that. I'm a pretty open person, and probably err on the side of over-sharing.
Or if you want to know more about space. I know some things about space.