● A canary in the data mines by day, at night I return to my lair to work on my novel (my fourth) and engage in other creative pursuits.
● I love to travel, because no one's ever said that on an online dating profile ever.
● On the Meyers-Briggs scale I'm an STFU.
● I love SCIENCE.
● Making weird-ass but surprisingly soothing sonic experiments (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSKnFKdaC98&list=PLejolwMSd8F-RbxPOKmoAYrDPwfEchcLU) and random video collages (@MediaMitosis)
● Reading too much.
● Running, brunching, playing pinball, drinking beer, taking pictures of graffiti and other random shit.
● Paying attention
● Figuring stuff out
● Noticing the little details
● Telling stories
● Fiction: Eco, Murakami (some), Rushdie, Pynchon, Vonnegut, Borges, Nabokov.
● Non-fiction: Steven Pinker, Chuck Klosterman, "The Songlines" by Bruce Chatwin, Legs McNeil.
● Music: Tom Waits, Wu-tang, Beck, White Stripes.
● Movies: Forbidden Zone, True Stories, Pan's Labyrinth.
● Television: Aquateen.
● My splendid, intricate dreams
● The tiny little details of everything.
● Productive chaos
● People who are as amazing as me (I'm fortunate to have many incredible people in my life.)
● Magical things
● The evolution of everything (history, culture, starfish)
● How the mind is configured
At times I also ponder random useless things, such as:
● How Chuck Pahlaniuk is the Marilyn Manson of literature and Bukowski is the original blogger.
● How nerd culture is having its Green Day moment.
● How the same people who used to complain that my neighborhood was full of hipsters now act like their disappearance is a tragedy.
● Why so many people have car selfies on their okc profiles. (If you are one, please explain!)
Bonus points if people might describe you as bohemian (even if you would roll your eyes at said description.)
Further bonus points if you'd rather be described as punk as fuck than geeky or nerdy.