I love music, especially opera. I have season tickets and attend performances regularly. Though I stress the classical music up front, I really do enjoy a wide variety of good music and often listen to classic rock, disco, and jazz. I agree with Duke Ellington when he said: "If it sounds good, it is good."
I work as an IT consultant/engineer doing network security.
However, the big event currently in my life is my transition. Transitioning is a long and involved process. Progress is slow at times; however, I do live as my authentic self fulltime now.
I do feel very lucky. Compared to many transwomen, I have had a fairly smooth transition.
Food - I'm Hungarian, so I love Hungarian cooking. There aren't any Hungarian restaurants in the DC area, but it's ok. I'm a terrific cook.
Books - I tend to read non-fiction more than fiction. Though I enjoy reading lots of different things. I'm a fan of Sarah Vowell. I like my history with a bit of snark!
Magazines - I subscribe to Vanity Fair, Atlantic, Grammophone, and Allure.
Movies - I don't like the usual Hollywood blockbuster and tend to avoid them. I'm not a fan of Star Wars or the Batman movies. Though for some reason I did enjoy Hunger Games. Probably because I really like Jennifer Lawrence. I like films that are well written with good character development. I'm not a fan of action pictures unless there is something of substance behind just the action.
TV Shows - Breaking Bad! Possibly the best written show ever. I'm enjoying Better Call Saul too. I love the Daily Show. I miss Jon Stewart though I think Trevor Noah is great too. I also love Realtime with Bill Maher and the Rachel Maddow Show. Cute brainy lesbians, always get my attention.
1. Music especially classical piano and opera. I've recently started subscribing to Apple Music. It's an awesome service. I love it.
2. Books and reading material in general
3. Internet, what can I say? I love surfing and exploring new things. Lots of great things to read on it.
4. Dogs. I don't have any at the moment. My hectic life is just not conducive to keeping a pet.
5. Art. I'm cursed with the affliction of having a great appreciation but little talent. If I actually had any real ability, I would love to be an artist.
6. Makeup. Despite the fact that my aesthetician tells me I have great skin, I still can't leave the house with out at least a bare minimum of makeup. I am addicted to shopping at Sephora.