1. Family: I am very family oriented. I want to have my own, and I have a great immediate and extended family whom I'd do anything for and vice-versa. I was the oldest of 5 growing up and love kids especially.
2. Conversations: I am somewhat introverted and it takes me a little while to open up around people I don't know, but I love a good conversation whether it be of talking about a movie, reminiscing with family, discussing history, or a friendly politician debate (I am a libertarian conservative who tries not to get to much into politics, but if you get me going, I have strong feelings).
3.Travel : I don't travel like I'd sometimes like, but I love national parks, random road trips, theme parks, etc.
4. Games: I don't play them all that much, but I like playing games with others, whether they be video games like Mario Kart, board games like Monopoly or Risk, etc.
5. Health: I keep trying to live healthier with mixed results. I ran a half marathon last fall, but haven't exercised as well since. I am eating/drinking better, but could still improve a lot.
6. Future Plans: I am in the process of moving. Will be done in early June.
That said, I am at least toying around with the idea of taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement they offer at work to add a finance related degree. If I do, I would start in the fall online. I'm not even sure if I'd switch jobs, but I like the idea of more options (my original college degree was with social studies education and teaching wasn't the quite the right path for me).
I love history and theories related to where humanity is going and am good at math and the sort. I still get calls from siblings in college asking for help on math and economics.
I really like historical fiction like Jeff Shaara's books (Civil War novels being the best).
Current shows that I am watching right now are Last Man Standing, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, Castle (watching with my dad, a few seasons back), The Middle, and Supernatural (I'm up to season 7), and Fuller House.
Some of my favorite movies include Hocus Pocus, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Star Trek 2, Deep Impact, and the Narnia series, but I like a lot of different kind of movies.
I'm pretty plain as far as food goes. I guess I like what would just be stereotypical American food (hamburger, chicken fingers, although trying to eat fewer carbs). I also love pretzels.
Music wise I'm kind of odd. I like some oldies, country, pop, light rock, etc. I don't like rap, but I'm pretty open otherwise. What's weird is that I could tell you very few of the artists of the songs I like (same goes for actors/actresses in movies).
1. Christmas with extended family: Weekend after Christmas is my mom's side Christmas. Best weekend of the year.
2. The woods: I love walks/hikes. I don't take as many of them as I should, but really enjoy when I do. Favorite ever was in Yosemite National Park when I went to the top of Half Dome with a sister and my parents.
3. College football: Love the whole sport, especially Ohio State.
4. General Dynamics/Tickerforum: Two websites with great insights into events going on around the world. Not positive reads generally (our world is heading for a nasty future), but it feel very true to me.
5. Halloween: A purely fun holiday.
6. Trivia Night: I go with my dad and sister (and when they can make it Mom and/or other siblings) to Max and Ermas for weekly trivia. It's always one of the highlights of my week.