I am Catholic and my faith is important to me. I probably am not as involved as I should be, but I go to adoration once a week and am trying a bible study in addition to mass.
I am good at figuring out how to do something and very bad at names and faces (pretty sure I qualify as face blind).
I like to travel, but want to stay living in central Ohio. I love theme parks and natural parks. My favorite place I've ever been was Yosemite National Park in California.
I am a bit shy/awkward to start, but I do warm up quickly (and then will only be a little awkward :-) )
I love history and theories related to where humanity is going and am good at math and the sort. I still get calls from siblings in college asking for help on math and economics.
I really like historical fiction like Jeff Shaara's books (Civil War novels being the best).
Current shows that I am watching right now are Last Man Standing, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, Castle (watching with my dad, a few seasons back), The Middle, and Supernatural (I'm up to season 7), and Fuller House.
Some of my favorite movies include Hocus Pocus, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Star Trek 2, Deep Impact, and the Narnia series, but I like a lot of different kind of movies.
I'm pretty plain as far as food goes. I guess I like what would just be stereotypical American food (hamburger, chicken fingers, although trying to eat fewer carbs). I also love pretzels.
Music wise I'm kind of odd. I like some oldies, country, pop, light rock, etc. I don't like rap, but I'm pretty open otherwise. What's weird is that I could tell you very few of the artists of the songs I like (same goes for actors/actresses in movies).
1. Christmas with extended family: Weekend after Christmas is my mom's side Christmas. Best weekend of the year.
2. The woods: I love walks/hikes. I don't take as many of them as I should, but really enjoy when I do. Favorite ever was in Yosemite National Park when I went to the top of Half Dome with a sister and my parents.
3. College football: Love the whole sport, especially Ohio State.
4. General Dynamics/Tickerforum: Two websites with great insights into events going on around the world. Not positive reads generally (our world is heading for a nasty future), but it feel very true to me.
5. Halloween: A purely fun holiday.
6. Trivia Night: I go with my dad and sister (and when they can make it Mom and/or other siblings) to Max and Ermas for weekly trivia. It's always one of the highlights of my week.