The Top-10 Things you should probably know about me:
1. I lead humanitarian trips to SE Africa; I take high school students and work at a nutrition centre for AIDS orphans in Malawi. It is my passion.
2. I have tattoos. The permanent kind.
3. My nose is pierced. I like it. It's of the permanent persuasion, too.
4. I like whiskey. My ancestors were Irish; it's in the blood.
5. My momma is one of my greatest friends. She's honestly the coolest woman on the planet, and while some people tend to think our friendship is weird, I'm beyond grateful that God allowed us to forge this relationship that has moved beyond mother and daughter to friends.
6. To me, family is more than just DNA. You will find pictures of my family all over my house - SOME of those people share the same genetic code as me.
7. If there's a Carousel or a roller-coaster, I will make you go on it. You have been warned.
8. I have been given (and answer to) the moniker "MacGyver." Have been known to fix a broken toilet with dental floss, a paper clip, and chewing gum. For the record, the use of duct tape is cheating.
9. Coffee is not just a beverage. It's a way of life.
10. I am desperately, hopelessly in love with Jesus; and I am committed to run, fully, this life that He has created for me.
Singing in the shower (also publicly)
Laughing - loudly
Forgetting to apply sunscreen (ouchy...)
Movies? Gah. Secondhand Lions, Tombstone, Goonies, Star Wars - Episodes lV, V, VI - the original ones (I have brothers - can you tell?)...girly ones...um...The Princess Bride (in all fairness...is that one really "girly"?), Emma, Pride and Prejudice - the six hour one. I also have a secret affection for those über-cheesy romantic holiday movies they show on the Hallmark Channel in December. Please don't judge. :)
TV Shows: Leverage. Bonus points if you know that one...
Music is almost as bad as books! Here's the scoop: my family - which is a person's first influence in regards to these things - was incredibly diverse. On one hand, my uncle was the embodiment of the Marlboro Man (John Wayne was a wuss compared to him), and my aunt on the other side of the family? Haight-living, war-opposing flower child; somewhere in there was my Dean Martin singing grandfather. My music tastes are schizophrenic. Honky Tonk to Lady Gaga (well, some of her stuff) and everything in-between. There are certain people whose music just don't get turned off, though. Bon Jovi, Journey, Boston, Train, Adele, Dolly Parton...to name a few.
My grandmother's quilt
Family - the one I was born into and the one I choose
The Oxford Comma
During summer? (ahem)
* Out with friends
* Spoiling my nieces rotten
* At the beach
* At a movie
* Spontaneous road trip
* Touring Route 66
* Playing the "Heads, North/Tales, South" game with whomever may be in my car