So about me:
My career is great, my family is wonderful, and I'm just looking for that last piece of the puzzle - a great guy who wants to share and enjoy life together.
Though I lived most of my life on the East Coast, I've lived in a few states and overseas before moving to the Bay Area in January 2011. I enjoy working in San Francisco and living in the East Bay, and would love to meet someone with similar interests who would like to explore all that that life has to offer.
- I'm genuine, honest, loyal, laid back & low maintenance, intelligent, optimistic, liberal, and passionate about a lot of things
-some of my interests include: spending time with family & friends, going to street fairs/ethnic festivals, music/ concerts (e.g. Outside Lands, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, symphony), travel, anything outdoors (hiking, biking, camping), movies, books, and plenty more
- I have strong ethnic roots with a mix of American and European values; all of my extended family lives in Europe and I visit every 2-3 years
- I care about people, animals, and the environment
- I don't care about what car you drive, how many pounds you can bench press, or about the latest $500 handbag you can buy me. "Nice things" are nice, but I am not interested in "keeping up with the Joneses'" and I would prefer to spend money on great experiences (e.g., travel, theater, adventures, etc.)
- The most important things in my life are family, friends and my faith/spirituality; I'm looking for someone who has similar values
-Because I've found that people make a lot of incorrect assumptions, I want to repeat that I am extremeley liberal even though I am Christian - makes it kind of hard to find someone with similar values but it has to be said that liberal Christian is not an oxymoron :)
- You are intelligent, honest, fun-loving, optimistic, and interested in a variety of activities and topics of discussion
- You are a good conversationalist who can also appreciate the comfort of meaningful silences
- Family, friends, and a healthy spiritual life are important to you
- You love the outdoors and would enjoy going camping, hiking or mountain biking now and again… bonus points if you like to travel, especially to locations beyond this country, because we have so much to learn from other cultures!
-if you can play the guitar or piano or can speak a foreign language & are willing to teach me that's a bonus (a few things from my "leap list" :) )
We don't have to enjoy all of the same things and I'm completely in support of partners having some hobbies/interests that they don't necessarily share...But it would be great to have enough of the same interests for us to enjoy them together.
If we sound like a good match, then I'd like to hear from you!
books - fiction, historical fiction, the classics and fantasy/sci fi
movies - comedies, romantic comedies, dramas, action & fantasy/sci fi
food - Serbian, Mediterranean, seafood, Ethiopian, Indian....and as someone who spent most of their life in Maryland...steamed blue crabs and shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning!
2. Nature: I love living & working in the city, but getting into nature now and then Helps recharge my batteries, reconnects me with my spirituality, and makes me appreciate everything more
3. Leisure travel (as opposed to business travel): whether it's a local road trip, weekend getaway, or a distant/foreign destination, I love to travel and experience new places/people/things
4. Spirituality & faith: I see this as a journey, and it would be wonderful to find a partner willing to share in that journey
5. Books, movies, & music: I also enjoy other forms of art, but these three area favorites. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not reading, and I love movies & music too