I hear there each morning. People have said that I'm grounded, and that I know who I am. I've seen much of the world (ie: travel), but there's at least half that I have not yet seen. Kayaking this August
in Greenland (anyone)?
I'm very curious about life, the world at large and how things work, which gives me a kind of A.D.D--intellect. I suppose we all suffer a bit from attention deficit these days --- do we really need those little taxi cab TVs?
I like hearing about all things interesting, tantalizing and new, starting with food, film and music. Also, I've been told that I have a nice smile.
Currently, I run an non-profit organization that I founded in '08, here in NYC. We exhibit the work of emerging artists on construction scaffolding and have a gallery here in Chelsea. I'm definitely a mix of many things and am interested in meeting someone with similarly delicious complexities.
• Cooking an entire meal (if only mustard in the fridge).
• Ordering-In, if the meal is just not happening
• Finding interesting films at the small-ish theaters.
• Knowing how to get a cab between 3--5pm
• Procrastination until last possible minute, then massive action.
• Packing a suitcase, or trunk of a car (love the spacial challenge).
• Chivalry: opening car doors, helping with coats, women order first.
• Straightening up thoroughly before a date comes over.
That I'm a good listener: I already know much of what I might say -- so I'd rather hear what others think, feel or do. What could be more interesting than that? My some-times funky eyewear.
• Drive (the movie).
• Top Gear (hilarious British gear-head show, BBC America)
• Fried watermelon and avocado (seriously!)
• Music: Aimee Mann, My Morning Jacket, Local Natives, Sia, The Brand New Heavies, Tower of Power, Jackson Browne, DJ Spooky,
Eddie Harris, Marisa Monte, Nick Cave, Pat Metheny, St. Germain,
Paulo Conte, and on, and on. Thank god for Pandora, and New
Sounds Live with John Shaffer (on WNYC -- very much
worth a listen).
• Subscriptions to DWELL, WIRED, NYT's
• Southern exposure (sunshine _ in any season)
• Banana pancakes (bananas inside and out)
• Cycling, hiking, skiing (does that count as one?)
• Going back to sleep after breakfast on Sundays.
-- ok 7 things I can't live without.
phenomenon. I've collected photos of about 200 of them over the years. I have not seen this in any other city in the world. They're
kind of sad looking and beautiful at the same time.
• Trying to decide: stay in or go out?
• Detoxing from the week, reading last week's Times on the couch.
• Perhaps still at work (make Monday's reentry less stressful).
• Staying away from the computer.
• Maybe taking myself to dinner and a movie.
• Thinking about sleeping late on Saturday.