Finished my second bachelor's degree (1st - BA in Theatre Arts - Lighting Design & Directing; 2nd - BS in Game Art & Design) back in 2012 and am working as a web developer whole doing freelance game development and design on the side.
I am impetuous, consumed, and irreverent
-Learning nearly anything: a quick study and a memory that doesn't let up (except for names; I'm terrible with names).
-Making people laugh: sarcasm, self-deprecating wit, and a knack for seeing the humor in any situation make me a riot to most people.
-Running: I love running and used to sprint and run hurdles on the track team in junior high/high school. I generally run around midnight these days, since I'm a night person and it's usually cooler by then, but I do love running in the sun.
Another thing I get is how young I look; when people guess my age they're usually off by about 10 years...
Top 5 Books/Genres/Authors/Stories (no particular order):
1. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
2. The Mist by Stephen King
3. Just about anything Shakespeare (I was a Theatre Arts major, after all)
4. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
5. Sandman Slim series by Richard Kadrey
Movies - if you can describe a movie as a "chick flick" without adding clarification afterwards I probably won't enjoy it (clarification can be as simple as "it's a chick flick that's well written and has a great cast"). Also, movies based on Victorian era literature are pretty much right out (you'll probably notice a trend, but the strange thing is I love movies that have romantic plotlines and/or take place in the past, even the Victorian era).
Top 5 Movies (Title - Director):
1. 8 1/2 - Frederico Fellini
2. Brazil - Terry Gilliam
3. Evil Dead 2 - Sam Raimi
4. Fight Club - David Fincher
5. The Thing - John Carpenter
Top 5 Currently Airing TV Shows (no particular order):
1. Game of Thrones
2. Penny Dreadful
3. Orphan Black
4. Ash vs Evil Dead
5. Bob's Burgers
**Honorable Mentions: The Flash, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..**
Music - I don't really like country other than Johnny Cash and artists with a similar style. Rap/hip-hop is also a problem for me, but that's more because there's a lot of really bad groups/performers in that genre that seem to get more air time than the good stuff.
Top 5 Artists/Genres:
1. Johnny Cash
2. PJ Harvey
3. Beats Antique
4. Kim Boekbinder
5. Trent Reznor (including Nine Inch Nails, How to Destory Angels, etc.)
Food - I'm a carnivore, so I eat meat and lots of it. I'll eat some bread and dairy as well, although I've recently discovered I'm slightly lactose intolerant so I've been cutting back on that. Give me an extremely rare steak and I'm set.
Top 5 Foods/Styles:
1. Steak, extremely rare
2. Cell phone
3. My 2007 VW Rabbit (or another decent vehicle that's a manual transmission)
4. Something that allows me to type so I can work on my game designs (I have terrible handwriting that even I struggle to read sometimes)
6. Video Games & Board Games (as a game designer it's more research than anything these days)
Why I should care where I'll be in 1/2/5/10/20 years?
Who let that guy doing 50 into the left lane?
***Dirty, dirty things***
When/If I'll ever find LEGOs boring?
What I would look like with blonde/red/blue hair? (Note: I have never actually dyed my hair)
I will admit to two things here:
1. I ran through the hallways of my high school in just my boxer shorts and on a number of occasions during my first foray into college streaked both in and out of buildings; in other words, I'm not afraid to get nearly/completely naked.
2. I have a genius level IQ. I'm not better than anyone because of it, I just have an easier time figuring things out and seeing connections where others see randomness. I'm not one of those socially awkward smart guys, but some people have an issue with the fact that I'm almost guaranteed to be the smartest person in the room (***Note: smart/intelligent is not the same thing as informed/educated; I don't know everything, nor will I claim to.)
If you want to know more, you're going to have to ask.
On a simpler note, if you're fun, like movies, think we'd get along, and can handle the occasional late night philosophical discussion you should definitely send me a message.
***I do use the star system on here, so feel free to rate me and see if we connect that way as well.***