- an immigrant, but grew up in New York since age 6, currently living in the Bronx -- just for irony/it's fun to see the reactions of people who "get nosebleeds above 14th st"
- most recent adventure to Peru, birthday this year at Macchu Picchu (pronunciation matters--ask me about this later)
- love being outside
- can't leave NY-- life elsewhere is too monochromatic
- looking for a fun surfing/biking vacation in March
Adjectives: semi-nerd, thoughtful, silly, energetic, passionate, giving, adventurous, outgoing, open-minded, sarcastic, caring, curious, motivated.
Likes: live music, zip up hoodies, indie films, open air markets, blazers, the feel of turning pages in a book, avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, running, plastic framed glasses, dried figs, the Guggenheim, kefir, wine, photography, cooking, cheese, biking, exploring landscapes by foot, dancing
Dislikes: reality TV, licorice, living outside NY, arrogance, slow walkers, washing dishes, mayonnaise
Current movie kick: foreign from 1940's on. Like: 8.5, bicycle thief. Moving to Kurosawa shortly.
Recently watched: Moonrise kingdom (other faves: The Royal Tenenbaums, Annie Hall, Pulp Fiction, Zoolander, Zombieland, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Unbearable Lightness of Being)
Current playlist: bonobo, fourtet
On repeat: new stuff I like- Two Bears, Jessie Ware, Wild Nothing..Beach House, Sigur ros, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (other faves: Beirut -dying to see them in concert, Of Monsters and Men, Yann Tiersen, A Tribe Called Quest, the Roots, The Black Keys... sooo many others) Genres: blues, funk, old school hip hop, indie, jazz, classical, opera, straight up rock and roll, world.
TV? Have one (used maybe 10 times). Paying for cable only because they wouldn't sell me internet without it. ? monopoly?? Still love: Louie, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Happy Endings, Curb your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld.
Food: Most. Since people like examples; in order of preference 0. Vegetables! 1. Brunch. 2. Spicy. 3. Ethnic. 4. Pizza. 5. Huevos rancheros.
3. Working feet for running/walking
5. IPhone- I totally resent this, but alas it's true
How much more I could accomplish if there were 30 hrs in the day.
I am an absolute failure with technology.