1. I've had 6 major relationships with woman in my life and three of them (the 3 most important) have been with woman who didn't shave their legs or armpits. If you look at the statistical probability of that; it's pretty "out there" There is a whole cadre of men with room temperature IQ's (85 to 89 on a warm day) that think that makes me very weird and/or crazy. I'm comfortable with women who were born standing up and talking back! A woman who can go against the grain of society is my kind of woman.
2. Athletics has always been a part of my life: Football, baseball, and wrestling in high school. Captain of my H.S. wrestling team, 3rd in the Massachusetts State Tournament at 147lb. and on the Penn State wrestling team for three years. While living in the East Bay (SF), I ran twice in the Bay to Breakers race. In one of them, there were four men dressed up like milk bottles and carrying for the 7.6 miles a wire milk bottle container that your grandmother used to see her milkman carrying...only way bigger! At 47 I started an over-30's baseball (not softball) team. I was manager for 2 yrs. Pitcher and 3rd baseman for 7 yrs. The team is still going strong and won their division several times. I still miss being on the ball field!!!
3. Some kind of artistic expression has always been a part of my life. I have always loved to dance. I started in high school and the more I did it; the better I got. In the Bay Area, seeing The Dead and The Airplane in relatively small venues turned up the volume on my dancing, to a point where I could (if the music told me to) dance alone in front of whole audience of "sitdown types". I was in grad school in creative writing for a short period of time. I've got some poems, a very good short story and a 3rd of a novella to show for it. Finally though, I settled on music as my most enduring passion. I've been playing oboe and wooden flute for 37 years. I'm what they call a lifer. No "get out of jail free" card for me. All and all it is a pretty nice jail!!!!
4. I'm looking for a woman with spirit. I would love to meet someone who is into some art form. Most of the women I've loved have been into their own art. One was a professional potter, another did a lot of writing, and another was the best dancer I have ever had the pleasure of dancing with. Beauty is nice but spirit is way more valuable. It ain't slick, but it keeps you grounded.
I am truthful, funny, and kind
I'm trying to become a better oboe player. I play mostly nonclassical music. Serious Blues, Grateful Dead, Michelle Malone, Marvin Gaye, Chuck Berry. I'm determined to become the 1st 68 yr. old rock and roll oboe player. I know, I know, a rock and roll oboe player is like a purple alligator. So what?
Also I make kick-ass chili. I call it Uncle George's Old Fashioned Thermonuclear Chili. One bowl and you glow all day! Oh yeah, I play a pretty good game of chess too.
MUSIC: Grateful Dead, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Bob Dylan, John Prine, Michelle Malone, Sue Foley, Johnny Winter, Muddy Waters, The Band, Janis Joplin, Outback, Charley Parker, Otis Spann, "Little Walter' Jacobs, James Cotton, Pine Top Perkins, Vivaldi, Albinoni, Mozart, Beethoven, Arem Kachatorian, Camille St. Saens, Harold Gomberg, Eric Satie, Maurice Ravel, Claude Debussy, Rory Gallagher, Chuck Berry, Yehudi Menuin, Ravi Shankar, Jimmy Cliff, Georges Enesco.
MOVIES: Cool Hand Luke, Vision Quest, Field of Dreams, Blowup,
Five Easy Pieces, Bulworth.
3. My closest friends,
4. My sister
6. My oboe and wooden flutes