Quiet, intelligent, extremely stubborn, libidinous, easy-going, silly, goofy, and good-natured are all adjectives that might accurately describe me. I realize that some of them seem contradictory. Aside from my size, comparisons to Tyrion Lannister would not go amiss. I am large, I contain multitudes. I also am likely on the autism spectrum.
I want something longer term than my profile might indicate. But that kind of thing grows, it doesn't happen according to plan.
I've also had some fairly unusual experiences that I may tell you about sometime.
I work at home on Open Source projects that I hope will change how people on the Internet communicate and cooperate. I'm a fan of decentralization. I do not like centralized power or hierarchy in general, and I work to architect the things I create to discourage the formation of hierarchies or blocks of centralized power.
I also really like teaching people things, and making spaces where people of diverse backgrounds can meet and feel safe.
* Listening (sincerely, actively and without judgement)
* Problem solving
* Teaching people stuff
I like stuff that makes me think. And I tend to like fiction that explores grand possibilities for technology, society, and culture. So, science fiction and sometimes fantasy. This goes for books, movies, and TV shows.
I like electronica and dance music if it's multilayered and complex. But I like a wide variety of other stuff too. I tend not to be such a big fan of either rap or country music.
I'm a moderately adventurous eater. I haven't tried insects yet, and may never do so. Nor things like eyeballs or brains. I do like sushi.
* some way of programming something to do something (I'll program almost anything given a chance)
* the ability to form coherent sentences (Morphine is horrible for this)
* some forum in which I can engage in discussion or debate (I really love the push and pull of ideas)
* lots of complicated things to think about (which often come from books)
* an authority to despise
My work, which on good days is a subset of the above.
I'm polyamorous. (This most emphatically does NOT mean that I think in 'primary/secondary' terms).
I really like control in some situations. ;-)
I've never had a driver's license and while I have driven some, I would not say that I know how to drive.
I can be rather distant and seemingly aloof, especially in social situations involving a lot of people. A friend has described me as a 'wizard in a tower'.
I've picked up the bad habit of going into expository and pedagogy mode too readily. I'm trying to fix that.
* You really like sex and are willing to be forward about that as I'm abysmal at reading body language and oblivious to all but the bluntest and most obvious expressions of desire.
* You like hearing bad and/or obscure puns. :-)
* You want someone to take hiking with you.
* It would be really nice if you were a scientist, hacker, mathematician, artist, engineer, or teacher.
I've discovered that like the Tao, the person that is described is not the true person. People can be very different around different people and this isn't because they're putting on a false front. We are literally interaction and interrelation.