* I try not to take myself too seriously
* I think it's important to stay connected to that child-like sense of wonder even as we grow older and more sophisticated
* I like puzzles and figuring stuff out
* I am in touch with my emotions and open about sharing them
* I value curiosity and lifelong learning
* I appreciate both simplicity and complexity, both structure and texture
* I am more than willing to embrace (not just tolerate) the quirk in a person
* I am happy with unresolved questions, ambiguity and not knowing all the answers
* I work in Tech, but I'm not a techie
* I'm a single dad, but he's flown the nest - we're still quite close.
I’m looking for:
* Emotional intimacy, deep connection, a partner
* Physical attraction and good sex
* Someone who’ll call me on my bullshit
* Someone who will bring new things to the table (artistic, intellectual)
* A balance of alone time and together time
* Someone sexy and brainy and loving and sweet - I want it all.
I am bright, funny, and casual - nerdy but cool
I know how good it can be when two people make a relationship really work. Long-term I want a serious relationship , but in the short-term, I think it's wise to start casual and see where that leads.
I've been doing improvisational theater on a regular basis for several years now. It's fun and scary and every once in awhile, profoundly moving.
I've been writing lately and spend time on various creative projects
I'm a regular concert- and theater-goer, but I also make a point of getting out into nature on a regular basis.
I love going to new restaurants and trying new food, but I'm not usually the one finding them.
When not out and about, I love to curl up with a good book or pop a classic film in the DVD player or zone out with something light and funny.
I write software for a living - it's a great job, both creative and analytical, usually challenging and often quite satisfying. I sometimes wish it were more collaborative, but one can't have everything.
As I spend all day in front of (and metaphorically inside) a computer, I try to mostly leave it alone in my off time, though some of my creative projects get put together digitally, too.
Figuring stuff out
Appreciating beauty of all kinds.
Seeing the trees as well as the forest
Not taking myself too seriously
Musically I'm mostly focused on jazz and classical, but I love all sorts of stuff - country, blues, reggae, oldies, "world music"... I don't really keep up with contemporary pop music at all.
I love old movies and new ones: Coen Brothers, Preston Sturgis, classic art-house, Paul Thomas Anderson, silent films, screwball comedies, Bugs Bunny...etc.
TV has actually gotten really good:Mad Men, Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, True Detective....
Books: I read all sorts of stuff - philosophy, pop-science, classic lit, new lit, genre fiction... Years ago I embarked on a project to re-read the books they forced us to read in high school (that I mostly hated at the time) and I've mostly found them to be great! I'm on a contemporary short-story kick right now (Saunders, Eisenberg, Munro, Oates, J. Egan), but still dip into cyberpunk or old-school noir for a change of pace.
I'm getting more and more into live theater: Harold Pinter amazes me, Stoppard delights me. I'm still learning.
I love all things circus - clowns, Cirque du Soleil and all their multiplying offspring, Les 7 doigts de la main, quirky circus-like performance art, etc.
I'm not too picky about food - love good high-end restaurants, but can make do with grilled cheese.
Music & Art
How abstract concepts work
How to make the above topics funny and interesting
Why so few people seem to have figured out the "Acceptable answers" part of the Questions page
On off nights it could be anything - out with friends, home watching a movie, live music....