I am a person of many interests, skills and abilities. Just trying to be the person my dog thinks I am. Here is a smattering of facts about me:
- Published Photographer
- Worked at Laika, on the movie "Coraline" as IT Support Guy #1
- Taught Wilderness Survival Courses
- Searched for (and lost) religion in churches all over the Pacific Northwest.
- Avid Hiker/Camper
- Learned to Sail
- Carved Wood
- Published a children's book
- Learned a smattering of German, Russian, and Chinese
- Managed a shop of technicians
- Gone back to college. Twice.
- Worked with Foster Children
- Directed The Rocky Horror Picture Show shadow cast, Clinton Street Cabaret
- Worked as a short order cook
- Worked on a farm, including all the dirty jobs
- Written jokes for a stand up comedian
- Done martial arts
- Spent one summer repairing fences on a ranch, living alone in a trailer and only seeing another person once a week
- Read every single book in a library
- Traveled to 31 states.
My long term goal in life is to buy an RV and travel the world, taking pictures and writing about the places I've been.
I am writing about Ghost Towns across the Pacific Northwest. This includes finding them, driving dirt roads to them, tromping around in the woods to find remains, taking pictures of any remains, and then writing about them. There are a lot more (400+) then I thought there was, so I'll probably be doing this until I die. These will make it into an book eventually.
I also take artistic pictures of nude people, write in several blogs, have a Sci-Fi novel partially started, will complete my Ghost Towns of Oregon book soon, and also take Cosplay pictures and landscape pictures.
As of August 2015 I started completely remodeling an vintage apartment complex. As of April 2016, I am still working on it.
Three point turns with large vehicles on small dirt roads.
Saying "Hey, I'd love to live in that city! For about six months."
Planning long road trips, and then getting waylaid halfway through, never to finish the trip.
Knowing a little about a lot of things. I really enjoy learning.
My favorite movie of all time is still Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. Other then that, I prefer comedies, adventure, Cult Classics, and classical movies. I used to work in a video store, so I rented a lot of movies. Thankfully I've forgotten most of them.
My TV watching consists of streaming something and then ignoring it while I work on my computer. I like Dr. Who (both new and old,) Star Trek, Torchwood, UFO, Space 1999, most of the animated comedies, and several British Comedies.
These days I'll eat just about anything. Sushi? Not a problem! Vegan? Not a problem! Unidentifiable meat? Not a problem! I really enjoy Portland's food scene. Between the awesome restaurants and the multitude of food carts I usually have a hard time deciding what I want.
Humor. Usually subtle. British in flavor.
A really good mint julep after a long hard day working in the sun.
Late Spring/early Summer in Oregon
Yelp, so that I can find new places to eat when I travel!
Oh, and I have a crush on Wednesday Addams, Alice (in Wonderland,) and Drew Barrymore. In that order.
- You'd be up for a meal at some place new
- You'd like to geek out
- You have a cool skill, story, or activity that you'd like to share with someone who'd appreciate the time it took to learn.
- You're interested in wielding power tools and know basic home remodeling techniques.