I describe myself as adventurous and romantic, strong and gentle, playful, fun and mature, spiritual, fit, and a nonsmoker. I'm fairly deep, intelligent, observant, reflective, soft-spoken, and 'sweet' (I've been told).
I like to do lots of different things: wine and dining, exploring and day trips, hiking, sailing, movies, window shopping, fairs, antiquing, social cooking, snuggling, kissing--sharing life with one special person!
I've always had a baby face and a youthful demeanor so I am looking for someone younger, vibrant, and healthy that will accept me now at age 56. This is the only thing that I've 'adjusted' here in all my copious sharing. I want you to know as much as possible about me to make a reasonable judgment but I also needed you to find me in your search!
Why am I here? I am seeking a happy, healthy, loving relationship, full of passion, play, and contentment with a beautiful woman whom I adore and respect. I don't 'date around' and would prefer to find one special person to spend my life with. I am determined and patient to find the right match, but I dearly miss the intimacy, sharing, support, and companionship that two people can give to each other. In fact I've had less than a handful of 1st dates in the last 10 months. It's too easy to get into 'a' relationship and it's such a waste of time if it's not someone you're going to spend the rest of your life with. Why invest so much and then just have to start all over again??
- blending in diverse settings;
- learning anything by watching someone do it;
- getting to the true essence of a person and understanding their view;
- helping to solve problems and optimize;
- avoiding things I have to do :)
- lightening up (balancing) intense moments;
- connecting very deeply with one special person;
- committing to one special person!
Foods: gourmet, spicy, even fast foods, but always 'interesting';
Music: alternative, new age, techo/house/electronica, rock, classical, jazz, salsa--Delerium, Enigma, Gotan Project, Jean-Michel Jarre, Moby, NIN, Pink Floyd, Tori Amos...(too many to mention) Sometimes I crank up 'house' music, so I guess I have to say that's my fav.
Movies: romantic comedies, action flicks, mystery/thriller, drama
Bourne Identity(all 3) - Matt Damon,
Definitely, Maybe - Ryan Reynolds
Ferris Bueller - Matthew Broderick,
Finding Nemo - Albert Brooks,
Fools Rush In - mi novia! Salma Hayek,
A Good Year - Russel Crowe,
Grand Canyon - Kevin Kline,
The Holiday - Jude Law, Kate Winslet,
LA Story - Steve Martin,
Love Actually - Colin Firth, Hugh Grant
the latest from Woody Allen: Match Point, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Midnight in Paris, and...
if I had to pick my ultimate metaphor for who I am and what I'm seeking, it would be When Harry Met Sally for its humor, wit, insight, and ultimate love and friendship.
TV: Big Bang Theory, Bill Maher, Billions, Bloodline, Blue Bloods, Bosch, Episodes, Flip or Flop, Homeland, House of Cards, Late Night with Colbert Report, Mom, Outlander, Shameless, Shark Tank, Tyrant, and [gone forever] 24, Coupling [BBC], Breaking Bad, Californication, Castle, CSI Miami, Dexter, Downton Abbey [BBC], Entourage, ER The Good Wife, House, Mr Selfridge [BBC], and West Wing.
Last read: news web sites, "At the Center of the Storm" by George Tenet; "Takeover: The Return of the Imperial Presidency and the Subversion of American Democracy"; "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan; Budget Travel mag, The Economist.
Favorite destinations: (so far) France, New Orleans, Bermuda, Disney World, and Toronto. also been to Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, muchas de las islas del Caribe. Next on list: Lidboa, Sevilla, Barcelona, Tuscany, Florence, Sedona, and Napa again.
On the other hand, things I could do without!! Brussel sprouts, gin, retsina wine, slasher movies, smoking, and lawn ornaments.
- Warm, playful, affectionate, responsible, savvy, spiritual, adventurous, youthful, and attractive (to my eyes);
- Loves to travel/explore, wine/dine, appreciates culture, and many many other things. My ideal is to take turns choosing/planning things to do because we both love trying/doing new/different things;
- Cares to be healthy in all of mind, body, and spirit (not just a slogan); a 'flexible' vegan might be nice--someone who does not unnecessarily limit their delight in culinary explorations but can also show me how to eat more healthily!
- A natural beauty, a great smile, and a long dark mane (as long as I'm idealizing :)
- nonsmoker, or hasn't in a very long time!
- Doesn't want or already has older children;
- And don't even bother if you don't have a picture or haven't written anything in your profile! (unless you want to send ALL of that to me directly)