I describe myself as adventurous and romantic, strong and gentle, playful, fun and mature, spiritual, fit, and a nonsmoker. I'm fairly deep, intelligent, observant, reflective, and have both a high IQ and EQ.
I like to do lots of different things: wine and dining, exploring and day trips, hiking, sailing, movies, window shopping, fairs, antiquing, social cooking, snuggling, kissing--sharing life with one special person!
I have two wonderful boys, 23 & 25 - the older is now living up in Boston and the younger is still living with me but looking to move out soon. I've been through two marriages now: one 30yrs ago for 8yrs; then 10yrs passed before another one for 4yrs, but the 2nd was mostly about visa requirements - not enough time to decide if we were right for marriage.
Why am I here? I am seeking a happy, healthy, loving relationship, full of passion, play, and contentment with a beautiful woman whom I adore and respect. I don't 'date around' and would prefer to find one special person to spend my life with. I am determined and patient to find the right match, but I dearly miss the intimacy, sharing, support, and companionship that two people can give to each other. In fact I've had less than a handful of 1st dates in the last 10 months. It's too easy to get into 'a' relationship and it's such a waste of time if it's not someone you're going to spend the rest of your life with. Why invest so much and then just have to start all over again??
One final note, I've always had a baby face and a youthful demeanor so I am looking for someone younger, vibrant, and healthy that will accept me now at age 56. This is the only thing that I've 'adjusted' here in all my copious sharing. I want you to know as much as possible about me to make a reasonable judgment but I also needed you to find me in your search!
- blending in diverse settings;
- learning anything by watching someone do it;
- getting to the true essence of a person and understanding their view;
- helping to solve problems and optimize;
- avoiding things I have to do :)
- lightening up (balancing) intense moments;
- connecting very deeply with one special person;
- committing to one special person!
Foods: gourmet, spicy, even fast foods, but always 'interesting';
Music: alternative, new age, techo/house/electronica, rock, classical, jazz, salsa--Delerium, Enigma, Gotan Project, Jean-Michel Jarre, Moby, NIN, Pink Floyd, Tori Amos...(too many to mention) Sometimes I crank up 'house' music, so I guess I have to say that's my fav.
Movies: romantic comedies, action flicks, mystery/thriller, drama
Bourne Identity(all 3) - Matt Damon,
Definitely, Maybe - Ryan Reynolds
Ferris Bueller - Matthew Broderick,
Finding Nemo - Albert Brooks,
Fools Rush In - mi novia! Salma Hayek,
A Good Year - Russel Crowe,
Grand Canyon - Kevin Kline,
The Holiday - Jude Law, Kate Winslet,
LA Story - Steve Martin,
Love Actually - Colin Firth, Hugh Grant
the latest from Woody Allen: Match Point, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Midnight in Paris, and...
if I had to pick my ultimate metaphor for who I am and what I'm seeking, it would be When Harry Met Sally for its humor, wit, insight, and ultimate love and friendship.
TV: Big Bang Theory, Bill Maher, Billions, Bloodline, Blue Bloods, Bosch, Episodes, Flip or Flop, Homeland, House of Cards, Late Night with Colbert Report, Mom, Outlander, Shameless, Shark Tank, Tyrant, and [gone forever] 24, Coupling [BBC], Breaking Bad, Californication, Castle, CSI Miami, Dexter, Downton Abbey [BBC], Entourage, ER The Good Wife, House, Mr Selfridge [BBC], and West Wing.
Last read: news web sites, "At the Center of the Storm" by George Tenet; "Takeover: The Return of the Imperial Presidency and the Subversion of American Democracy"; "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan; Budget Travel mag, The Economist.
Favorite destinations: (so far) France, New Orleans, Bermuda, Disney World, and Toronto. also been to Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, muchas de las islas del Caribe. Next on list: Lidboa, Sevilla, Barcelona, Tuscany, Florence, Sedona, and Napa again.
On the other hand, things I could do without!! Brussel sprouts, gin, retsina wine, slasher movies, smoking, and lawn ornaments.
- Warm, playful, affectionate, responsible, savvy, spiritual, adventurous, youthful, and attractive (to my eyes);
- Loves to travel/explore, wine/dine, appreciates culture, and many many other things. My ideal is to take turns choosing/planning things to do because we both love trying/doing new/different things;
- Cares to be healthy in all of mind, body, and spirit (not just a slogan - must not smoke, must exercise regularly). Calling yourself slender or athletic when you haven't been in 10 years or smoked all your life are a huge turn off sorry.
- A natural beauty, a great smile, and a long dark mane (as long as I'm idealizing :)
- Doesn't want or already has older children