I will be happy to chat and correspond (not into cybering or a long distance relationship..so if that is what you are looking for...good luck...it was fun when i was younger, but now that I am older, it just doesn't interest me.I hope you find what you are looking for...), but I am not interested in a long distance relationship. Being a single parent, I really don't have a lot of extra time, so I would prefer to be able to spend as much time with my partner rather than my car , so that is why I want to keep the distance short.
I am a bisexual, open to polyamorous/open relationships (not a requirement though...I am just open to it)...pretty much just looking for a girlfriend (and/or possibly a boyfriend, though I lean more towards girlfriend...I am very picky when it comes to men, so no hard feelings if I say i am not interested. I am not interested in online play and i am not interested in pickups or casual sex with guys.) right now.I am looking for a serious relationship. I do have some physical disabilities that limit my mobility, but I still try to lead as normal of a life as possible. I really need some companionship and a friend. The stress relief that may come with that wouldn't hurt either ;-).
My ultimate goal is to find someone for a long term relationship...not sure about marriage just yet...but at least a long term relationship. I needs someone I can trust and someone that can be open and honest with me. I am sick of liars, cheaters, and backstabbers. I will be open and honest with you and I expect the same back. I want to know that I will have someone there during the good and the bad and know that they won't give up, just as I won't.
I am a web developer by trade...though I have recently retired, Pagan Minister, disabled Army veteran (yes, I do have some physical issues...but don't let that stop you ;-) ), father, lover, SciFi fan, adventurous, fun loving guy.
I am pretty politically active as well as active on the civil rights scene and currently the Director of IT/Media/Marketing for the Kendall County Democrats and a Precinct Committeeman in my precinct. Being involved in our political processes is important. Democracy is not a spectator sport.
I am co-founder of Fox Valley Pride. We started that mainly as a protest group when Chik-Fil-A opened up in Oswego, IL and we wanted to protest it. We are trying to steer it into more of a social organization that focuses on LGBTQ rights. We serve mainly Kane and Kendall Counties in IL.
I am also very active in the antifa movement, which is a movement that tries to root out fascism wherever it may be festering. In the past I have been part of the Occupy movement. I also do a lot with religious freedom as it relates to Pagans and heathens and was part of the campaign that eventually got the VA to approve the use of the Pentagram, the Druidic Awen and Thor's Hammer (Mjolnir) on VA provided headstones for deceased veterans.
I used to do a lot to help protest against severe limitations to the woman's right to an abortion and did a lot of clinic defenses when i lived in the south. I very much believe in a woman's right to chose. Personally, I am very much against abortions, but I realize that I have no right to push that on anyone else...even my partner.
So that is pretty much what i do with my life. I would love to find someone that is equally interested in this so that they could participate in these activities with me.
I also love to be outdoors and I love photography. This past spring, I finally buckled down and bought a DSLR (Nikon D5500) and I love to go out and photograph nature in all of her splendor! We have a lot of cool places in the area to go so I love to get out when i can and go t places like Silver Springs State park, Starved Rock, Matthesin State Park, McKinnley Woods and other local gems that we have here in IL. I used to camp a lot when I was younger (10 1/2 years as a Boy Scout to include 3 years as a camp counselor), but unfortunately, my physical limitations make it difficult. I do have a tent and camping gear and I need to find gear to help accommodate me because I really love camping and i don;t want to let my physical limitations to limit me any more than absolutely necessary! When i can afford to do so, I also like to travel to surrounding states and visit their treasures as well.
Movies/TV: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Dogma, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Stargate, Game of Thrones, The Vikings, NCIS, The Doors, Warcraft, Star Wars, Star Trek, Penny Dreadful, Underworld, Divergent, Farscape, Firefly, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Super Hero movies and TV Series, The White Queen, Bill Mahr, The Man in the Castle, The Americans, Old School Horror (Stuff like vampire/monster movie flicks...not gore or slasher flicks), anything Cthulhu related, Army of Darkness/Evil Dead (my only slasher/gore like in the genre), Documentaries, History/Historical Fiction, Educational/Edutainment, and Political stuff. I am a Netflix/Amazon Prime Junkie LOL
Music: Metal(Industrial, Goth, Punk, Hardcore, Nu Metal), Rock, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Folk, New Age, Pagan/Heathen, Native American/Shamanistic Drumming
Food: Cajun, Italian, Asian, Indian, and just about everything else out there *grin*...pretty much if it doesn't move faster than me or fast enough that I can't shoot it, I will eat it. I don't hunt, though i will fish on occasion, but i will take advantage of the spoils of hunters...I love venison,
2. If you like intellectual guys with a tough guy exterior. I look like a biker, but I am very intellectual and have a very broad educational background...plus I am a computer programmer ;-)
3. Someone who is very active and participates in the processes that run our country..aka...I organize and protest and volunteer my time to candidates i back. We don't have to agree politically...just be active in what you believe. That's how the country works!
4. You enjoy sex and sexual things. You enjoy sexuality as well. You are open to exploring new avenues of exploring both...having the I will try anything once attitude is a good thing.
5. You are not looking to jump into anything serious at first, but have a serious, long term relationship in mind as the end game. With that said, until I find that, I could go for some causal sex too...I need the stress relief ;-) I shoot blanks BTW :-D
6. You are very open and honest and do not play games (well you play the fun games LOL). My last relationship was riddled with lies, cheating, and deception...I do not wish to repeat that. I would rather be hurt with the truth than devastated by lies.
7. Age is not an issue to me, so as long as you are legal, and we click, I am game.
8. If you are in the area (the closer the better...I am a single parent, so I don't have a lot of time to waste driving). If you live more than a 45min drive away, it's probably not going to happen. if you live in another state/country/continent, it's definitely not going to happen.