My day-to-day life involves being a dad. My kids are the most important part of my life. I would like to meet someone who is also a parent. I am also a teacher. I love my job. Each day I wake up feeling greatful that I have a job that I enjoy.
A few random facts about me: I am always on a quest to improve myself. Some days I do better than others. I am trying very hard to eat well and stay active. I have a pencil collection. Would you like to know why? Ask. :) When I see a turtle in the road I pull over and help it get across. I like to cook, but I hate to cook when it's hot. I make really good smoothies. I think microwave popcorn should be illegal. I hate folding laundry! When I take my kids fishing I spend the entire time putting worms onto hooks. I'm here for obvious reasons. I want someone to watch Star Trek reruns with me! Seriously, I'm looking for a woman to share my life with. I'm looking for the woman for whom I could steal a blue french horn and present it to her! There's a song by Bread called "Everything I Own." I'm looking for someone to sing that song to. If you are interested in a very good natured, friendly guy, and you can overlook the surface (a little extra, balding), I would love to hear from you!
Top Ten reasons to go out with me!
1. I'm nice (That's not always the case from some of the profiles that I read.)
2. I'm a father. (I know what it means to be truly committed to something that is far greater than yourself.)
3. I don't spend my weekends watching sports. (But I understand most games well enough to enjoy them from time to time.)
4. I'm a good writer.
5. I can cook.
6. I do my own laundry. (I don't like to, but I do it.)
7. I'm a teacher (I understand kids better than most. Kids love me.)
8. I am a gentleman.
9. I'm not really a picky eater.
10. I'm a great listener.
Clearly, NOT finding my soulmate.
TV: M*A*S*H, The X-Files, Star Trek (any), most comedies (love to laugh)
Authors: John Steinbeck, Charles Dickens, J.K. Rowling
Books: Fiction:The Hunger Games; Harry Potter; Lord of the Rings; The Grapes of Wrath.
Non-fiction: The Omnivore's Dilemma.
Favorite food: Corn on the cob. (Which is ironic if you've read the above non-fiction book.
Music: John Denver, Cat Stevens, Simon & Garfunkle, Gordon Lightfoot... but I like a wide variety.