Things that make me happy:
Dogs (especially mine)
Painfully spicy foods
German beer, local gin
**Moving to NYC for grad school in a few months. Puts me in a tough place for meeting people in DC at the moment :/
I'll be starting grad school this fall, so I can do what I do just that much better.
- Picking up new languages then mixing them up with the others I've learned.
- Logic/word/number puzzles. My brain is wired for it.
- Dodging city traffic on my bike. Or riding the red line with no hands (I want to learn to surf eventually, this has to be good practice)
- Cooking. Most of the time.
Nowadays, my beard. It's luxurious.
Movies: Young Frankenstein, Kill Bill, Sin City, The Boondock Saints, Inglourious Basterds, The Fifth Element, Mafia!, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I'm a huge fan of the campy and absurd, if it doesn't show.
TV: Mystery Science Theater 3000, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Star Trek: Voyager, Archer... and I love me some Food Network.
Music: All time favorites are Red Hot Chili Peppers (and John Frusciante's solo stuff) Parliament/Funkadelic, Coheed & Cambria, and A Wilhelm Scream. I've been listening to nothing but Thank You Scientist for the past few months.
For food... everything. Food is a way of life for me. I love to cook, and I love to eat. My absolute favorite dish is fish tacos, and I recently accomplished my major life goal of acquiring some in San Diego. I also love food spicy enough to be considered chemical warfare. If you let me cook for you, I promise I'll dial it back if you need me to! (Though I'd totally love to meet someone who can go Scoville unit for Scoville unit with me).
1. My dog Icarus, aka Sticky Icky, aka Captain Blackwhisker, aka the Gringo Dingo
2. Alone time. I am wired like an introvert, I recharge for social interactions, not from them.
3. Running shoes/my bike
5. A sense of humor
6. Hot sauce. I'm 99% sure my blood has its own Scoville rating.
Why OKCupid thinks I'm less suave then the average guy. Pssssh. *Snort
Saturday would be more my going-out night. Love to find new places to hang out (pubs > clubs, any day). Always down for a bike ride, concert, ball game, adventure out of the city - you name it!
You're a kid-at-heart type of person. I get along really well with people who have a spark of curiosity and wonder about the world around them.
You like beards.
You want to go to Union Market with me and just eat... like... all the things.