Have you ever seen that picture of a dog sitting in front of chemistry equipment, with his safety goggles, pouring a beaker into a mug? Or how about that picture of another dog sitting in front of a laptop with his paws on the keyboard and a tie around his neck? That summarizes my thoughts on summarizing myself. Such meta, wow.
I occasionally get flights of fancy where I just want to do something that I've never done before. The latest one was pickling. My pantry is now full of pickled peaches, cucumbers, onions, peppers, cabbage, beets, and eggs. Also homemade apple butter and tomato paste.
Otherwise, if I'm around, I'm working on a project (like building a French cleat setup and matching shelves for my garage), biking, hiking, climbing, gaming, or hanging out with friends, pets, pets-of-friends, or even all three.
I exercise a few times per week. I try to run 20 miles a week (on hold due to knee injuries), lift 3 times a week, climb twice a week, and maybe squeeze in one more activity during the weekend (like a hike, bike ride, climbing trip).
I like to travel, but traveling plans are on hold for a little while until the puppy is a bit older. He's too young to be left in a kennel.
My bookshelf has a few things on it (Tolkien, Philip Pullman, Neil Gaiman), but not as much as it should.
Food-wise, I like breakfast, barbecue, tex-mex, Greek, Indian, and basically anything cheese-related. I tend to avoid potatoes, grains, and refined sugar because it makes me artificially more aware of what I'm eating (and thus more likely to eat healthily). I suspend those rules when I am traveling internationally or am at a very nice restaurant, or if I'm backpacking. I always avoid seafood and peanuts, however. I tend to get sick from those.
Goals. Sometimes I need to be told to stop moving. It's real problem at the moment due to that aforementioned knee injury.
Equipment. My climbing harness / rope kind of prevent me from eating it when I fall.
Passport + Global Entry card. Gotta travel!
Income. Turns out you need money to get around in the modern world.
Transportation. My car helps me get around, and that's great.
The DuckTales theme song with lyrics replaced. Woo-oo.
Directed acyclic graphs.
Clinging to the side of a mountain.
Designing and making stuff.
What instrument I would learn to play if I could figure out what else in my life to give up to make time for it.
• Do you want to go hiking, or go for a climb? What's your favorite hike? Want to train with me to do the Enchantments Traverse?
• Do you want to go to a dog park and watch all the fuzzballs have the times of their lives? Maybe you can teach my dog a new trick (and I can teach yours a trick too, if you have dog).
• Do you want to share your favorite restaurant with me? I've got a few of my own I'd share back.
• Does the idea of a Dual-Income-No-Kids lifestyle full of travel, exotic adventure, or financial freedom appeal to you? Are you ambitious?
• Do you own a set of polyhedral dice and know how to use them? Roll high on initiative and let me know!
Meatloaf did say two out of three ain't bad, and I agree.