In a nutshell, I'm sort of a geek and a hippie in spirit; my interests include the technological conveniences and diversions of modern life, yet I have a latent rebellious streak yearning to challenge social mores; my passions consist of many "alternative" lifestyles - more on that stuff below. I love nature (and natural living), yet I wouldn't know what to do with myself if the internet were to disappear.
I'm relatively introverted, but funny thoughts occur to me often so I love it when I manage to make people laugh. I am generally easy-going, and I have a somewhat hedonistic outlook on life. I'm rather analytical and inquisitive, very open-minded, tolerant, kinky (ask if you care to see my Fetlife profile), responsible, courteous, often sarcastic, and sometimes I'm just a dork.
I admire beauty, and I behold beauty in many things; the superlatives found in nature such as lush forests, rainbows, the vastness that is the cosmos; music that can inspire emotion like nothing else can, and of course the wonderful variation of the human form. I tend to focus on one's face first (I find pretty faces irresistable), before admiring the body it's attached to.
Thankfully I have enjoyed a pretty healthy life.
I enjoy physical fitness, and challenge myself a little bit each day (usually an hour or less) with everything from running to weight training to stretching and yoga. I admire the dedication of gymnasts, ballet dancers, cheerleaders etc who demonstrate that great physical strength can coexist with great flexibility. I love a good workout, knowing I'm one step closer to having one of those muscular dream bods I admire (ok, drool over) at the gym. Not too muscular; but more impressive than average at least. I also aspire to one day complete a marathon and achieve the splits.
I enjoy travel and exposing myself to new cultures. My bucket list includes Hawaii, Yosemite, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Grand Teton/Yellowstone, Austin, Washington DC, Boston, Europe (a grand tour, but especially Ireland, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Berlin, the Swiss Alps, Venice, Rome, Athens, St Petersburg, Moscow), Egypt, Tibet, Nepal, India (especially the erotically decorated temples), Japan (Akihabara etc), Carnival (in Rio at least), Mardi Gras, Burning Man, Fantasy Fest (Key West), Hedonism (or similar resort), and sex-positive festivals (like the old Exotic Erotic Ball).
I'm extremely inquisitive, and I love spontaneously raising weighty, philosophical, or unusual topics such as amusingly illogical (yet perfectly "normal") cultural behavior, the universe, and other things that make you ponder and reflect on your preconceived notions. But I also enjoy less lofty pursuits like organizing things or comparison shopping (ad nauseum) before making a purchase. I enjoy a good debate, sometimes to a fault. Yet I'm open-minded and I strive to see both (or more) sides of the coin; I think the world would be a better place if people would make a greater effort to understand others' perspectives.
- Fantasy: most D&D novels (especially Dragonlance and Ravenloft), Lord of the Rings
- utopian and dystopian stories such as 1984 and Fifth Sacred Thing
- anything by Carl Sagan
- Earth's Children series by Jean Auel
- compelling stories that challenge you to broaden your perspective and reconsider your preconceived notions about culture, life, and the universe
- most anything; action/adventure, family, comedy, drama...even the occasional chick flick
- Star Trek
- documentaries. Like, porn for instance.
- a lot of classic rock and pop, 60's to 80's, from The Beatles to Michael Jackson, as well as big band, new age and classical. I tend to like ballads a lot.
- Mexican...but I love to try new things
B. art - whether it be painting, sculpture, film, dance, or music ♫
π. a balance of companionship and solitude
5. diversity and variety in life
6. a world flawed in some way; I fear a perfect world would (eventually) feel dull and boring...though we could probably stand to make this world at least a little less imperfect than it is now
things that interest me, of course! This includes various alternative lifestyles and counter-cultural positions that I find intriguing, and wish to explore/experience further:
- Naturism (Nudism)
- Gender equality: our society continues to suffer the vestiges of patriarchy in the form of ridiculous, self-inflicted double-standards; to that end I support Topfreedom and Body hair acceptance
- Paganism and Wicca (I'm agnostic but I'm fascinated)
as well as my more mainstream interests:
- Computer programming
- Dungeons & Dragons and other RPGs
- Renaissance faires
- Fantasy art
- Fitness (Running, Weight training, Yoga, even dance games)
- Sustainable living
and also more abstract ruminations when the mood suits me:
- the past (my own, and in general; nostalgic for the 50s-90s)
- the future, for which I am optimistic
- suffering, and people's incredible capacity for cruelty, immaturity, ignorance, close-mindedness, and gullibility
- nothing in particular (just daydreaming)