In accordance with my lack of soul, please forgive the fact that I don't like sweet tea or know how to booty dance.
• think edamame in the pod should replace popcorn in movie theaters.
• am not addicted to rock climbing. I can quit whenever I want!
• can cook well enough to please myself, but I don't usually make dishes with more than 5 ingredients.
• am thirsty for knowledge, I like learning new things. If you can teach me stuff, I'd like to get to know you.
• am still trying to find peace while navigating Houston traffic. Suggestions are welcome.
While I'm in this town, I'm looking for new places to explore. Some things I've done lately:
• eaten way, way, way too much food (this one will probably not stop; refer to my profile picture)
• gone rock climbing (not going to change this behavior either; refer to other profile pictures)
• backpacked in Sam Houston National Forest (may avoid this activity in the summer months from now on!)
• gone to the rodeo and actually enjoyed the Hunter Hayes show - wasn't expecting that!
• visited Austin and loved it
• Got a puppy in June 2014. I dedicate a significant amount of time and energy to making sure he's happy, healthy, and trained (this one's the greatest challenge). He's a 55 lb pit bull mixed with wigglebutt - lots of energy, lots of love. I'm always keen on finding places to go WITH my dog.
There is a lot more to see and do. Let's collaborate.
Extracurricular-ly, I'm trying to self-study machine learning and artificial intelligence. One day I'd like to apply what I learn to make something simple like an animatronic pet robot that keeps my dog company.
Recreationally, rock climbing and playing with my puppy.
My cousins played basketball with me many years ago and thought I was a god because I could dunk. They were 12 years old and their hoop was about 7 feet tall, but I'm pretty sure I could go pro if the impulse struck me.
I am good at my job. It helps that I like it.
• The Raw Shark Texts
• Atlas Shrugged
• Malcolm Gladwell
• Currently reading
- The Future of the Mind (Michio Kaku)
- Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
• The Shawshank Redemption
• Gran Torino
• V for Vendetta
• Anything with Will Smith (especially The Pursuit of Happyness and Fresh Prince)
• Louie, Halt and Catch Fire, Last Week Tonight, Party Down, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley
I'm all over the place. Lately mainstream rap is losing me and country pretty much never had me.
• Is it in front of me? If yes, then I'll probably eat it and most likely enjoy it.
• At least a hundred a day
• A feast
• A bean feast!
• Cream buns and doughnuts and fruitcake with no nuts
So good you could go nuts
• I want it now
• You want to come climbing
• You want to play with my dog
• You have your own dog and want your dog to play or train with my dog
• You have an interesting thought
• You have an un-interesting thought but want to share it anyway
• You know a corny joke
• You want some candy