1. I'm currently working on my PhD in English (focusing on 20th century American fiction) so I spend a lot of time reading, writing, and thinking about literature. I'm currently working on my dissertation (I took my exams last fall).
2. I've lived in many different places-- Oakland, California; Boulder, Colorado; Austin, Texas; Winston-Salem, North Carolina; now Tallahassee, Florida.
3. When I'm not thinking about literature, I'm usually thinking about music or movies or TV (well, probably just Mad Men) or some other piece of popular culture. I also enjoy talking to and listening to people, hearing about what they like or where they came from. I also love talking about the aforementioned culture (literature, music, movies, TV) as well as the occasional political discussion.
4. I am, to some degree, what one might call a "clothes horse," in that I like clothes and I take pride in my style and how I look. Sartorial splendor is definitely something I strive for.
5. I have an extreme interest in the culture and aesthetics of the 1950s into the early-to-mid 1960s. Mad Men, the Beat Generation, tiki culture, 50s and 60s doo-wop, the way people dressed (I take many stylistic cues from how people dressed then), other literature from that time... I love it all (a friend of mine once remarked that the town I grew up in felt like it was stuck in the 1950s in many ways, so I think that's where all this comes from).
Top 5 Favorite Movies: The Godfather, Goodfellas, Annie Hall, Mean Streets, High Fidelity (Other favorites include: Midnight in Paris, 500 Days of Summer, Manhattan, Hannah and Her Sisters, Blue Velvet, Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight, The Departed, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Boyhood, North by Northwest, On The Waterfront, The Graduate, Les Parapluies de Cherbourg, L.A. Confidential)
Top 5 Favorite TV Shows: Mad Men, Seinfeld, The Sopranos, Girls, The West Wing
Top 5 Favorite Bands: Bruce Springsteen, U2, Elvis Costello, Bob Dylan, Big Star (Other favorites include: David Bowie, Nick Lowe, Pulp, The Smiths, The Pretenders, Guided By Voices, The Walkmen, The National, The Love Language, Arcade Fire, The New Pornographers, The Mountain Goats, Teenage Fanclub, The Cure, New Order, Sam Cooke, Wilco, The Ramones, The Clash, Pavement, Joy Division, Al Green, Neil Young, Dum Dum Girls, Fleet Foxes, The db's, Superchunk, Otis Redding, Telekinesis, Belle & Sebastian)
3.) My books
4.) My clothes