What do I enjoy? Riding along the bike path between Santa Monica and Venice, visiting the Getty Museum, writing hit songs at 2am, and making indie movies with insanely creative friends.
I also enjoy pirate parties, Six Feet Under, Club Largo, the Groundlings, karaoke and Pandemic
I am cinematic, musical, and open-minded
2. shooting indie movies and making them look like they have a big budget
4. imitating Bill Clinton
5. making fun of rednecks. I am one, so I know all too well the subtleties of southeast Texas culture.
6. creating playlists on itunes that exactly mirror the setlist from a concert I just saw
7. shooting ridiculously long 3-point shots
8. making the best skinny pancakes in the world
2. my energy
3. my wacky sense of humor
Movies: Mad Max Fury Road, 12 Years a Slave, The Prophet, Amelie, Goodfellas, any and all Kubrick, Drive, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Blue Velvet, Let the Right One In, The Wrestler, Priceless, The Beat That My Heart Skipped, Bridesmaids, There Will Be Blood, Pan's Labyrinth, Once Upon a Time in the West, and my favorite directors are Alfred Hitchcock, Martin Scorsese, David Lynch, Spike Jonze, Woody Allen, Fellini, and Peter Jackson.
Music: the fleet foxes, courtney barnett, nirvana, sleigh bells, sybil, blur, radiohead, pink floyd, fiona apple, led zeppelin, my bloody valentine, queen, prince, beatles, mazzy star, liz phair, angelo badalamenti, elton john, the doors
2. Nirvana and Liz Phair
4. Playing guitar and singing the rock songs I've written over the past ten years, including such hits as "LJBF," "The Fight Song," "Vagrant," "Hockey," and "Vibrator."
5. My caring family
6. My awesome friends who routinely enjoy kidnapping me on my birthday.
...and trying to figure out why some people are still against gay marriage
2. Rocking out to a cover of Sinatra's "Very Good Year" with my band Sybil
3. At the Groundlings laughing my ass off
4. Going to a show at the El Rey
5. Shooting a movie
2. You can't stop talking about David Lynch's Mullholland Drive, Game of Thrones, and Radiohead's OK Computer; and you can't stop dancing to Lykke Li.
3. Bonus points if you can identify the following quote:
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means whale's vagina."
4. Don't message me if you really REALLY TRULY love Yanni.