- I like to travel and I've hit five of seven continents, and one day, I will make it to Antarctica to see penguins. March of the Penguins wasn't enough - although those penguins are lucky, because if I were to have anyone narrate my life, I'd want it to be Morgan Freeman. Or possibly Stephen Fry. Perhaps some joint arrangement there. I've given this some thought, is really the takeaway.
- My favorite word is "mellifluous."
- I have this theory you can tell a lot about a person based on whether they prefer Scrabble or Monopoly. For the record, I'd go with Monopoly every time.
- The easiest way to get me to wreck my schedule for the day is to say "well, there's a book store about a block from here."
Otherwise, I like reading (with the result being I like my commute), writing and going for long walks exploring the city. I also love going to museums and enjoy Broadway musicals, particularly Sondheim ones.
And one of these days, I will manage to get the intro to "Stairway to Heaven" on guitar right, but it's been slow going so far.
Also, Trivial Pursuit, although I don't think I've ever had the chance to play an edition that was from any later than the 1970's. I hear that there are editions from more recent decades, but I've yet to encounter one.
Movies: Casablanca, Cloud Atlas, Layer Cake, Roman Holiday, What About Bob?
Shows: Chuck, Parks and Recreation, The Wire, The West Wing
Music: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Taylor Swift, Billy Joel. Talking non-pop music, opera.
Food: Udon, General Tso's chicken and Sriracha.
2) Good pens
3) Comfortable walking shoes
5) Duct tape, which can fix almost anything that isn't a duct. Completely useless there, dried out quickly and the repair had to be redone all "properly" and such.
6) All those obvious things that would constitute the entirety of the list were I to take the prompt literally.