"If pets aren't allowed in heaven, I don't want to go there. I'll go where the pets are." -- Derek (Ricky Gervais as Derek on Netflix)
"No one can hurt you without your permission." -- Gandhi
(Keep that in mind when using this and other dating sites. It's easy to get your feelings hurt...)
"You can be into traveling, but the world's only so big innit? So eventually you're gonna run out of places to visit. Whereas biscuits....there's loads of them." -- Karl Pilkington (From 'An Idiot Abroad')
(Dialogue between Derek and a waiter at a French restaurant about frog's legs)
waiter: Tastes a little bit like chicken.
Derek: Have you got any chicken?
Derek: So, why, why you eating frogs before the chicken's run out?
That cracks me up every time!
Movies are great, but only some need to be seen in the theater. Some are better at home. Is there anything worse than sitting in the theater, you know something awesome is about to happen, but you have to pee so bad from the gallon of diet coke you drank while waiting for the movie to start?! It happens every time!!
I want to find someone that shares some common interests or maybe some new interests we could discover together.
I am looking for someone with a sense of humor and who is health conscious. It's OK if she isn't a fitness model, but as long as she lives a healthy lifestyle, that is all that matters. Humor is the key! Along with humor comes fun. What's better than fun?? Nothing! If you know of something, please enlighten me. :)
As for the pace...I learned the hard way not to rush into anything. I would like to meet, see how it goes, and try to cultivate a friendship or at least know that it is possible before moving forward. Trust me, it's better for everyone that way.
- Bars/clubs - Ever notice that when you see someone in a bar/club they look one way, then you get outside or apply an amount of light anywhere between a 60 watt bulb and sunlight, they look another way. It's just like the episode of Seinfeld in which the woman was a "two-face". Also, as the night goes on, the room gets darker! is that necessary? They know the odds are that we have been drinking the whole time. Why add darkness to the mix?- Dating profiles - After surfing through what must be hundreds of your profiles and pics I find myself pondering a few thoughts:
1) What's the deal with fedoras? Did the hat people get together in an effort to stimulate interest in hats that's been declining since the Roaring 20's and sponsor a fedora giveaway to all the pretty women?
2) Pics in cars. Is it because you check yourself in the mirror as soon as you get in and if you think to yourself, "I look good right now!" then your next thought is "Selfie!!"? Is it for proof that you have a car? Is there just something about driving and using your phone that appeals to women in general? Don't get me wrong, many of these pics are really good (same with the hats). Just curious.
3) Pics with dudes. If you are posting a pic with a dude, it's a good idea to label them. For instance: "My cousin", "My brother", "My mailman", "My OB/Gyn"....something.
4) Pics with other women. Again...you should probably label these to identify yourself. I know it's obvious to you which one you are...but not to us. Also, and this is just a thought, try to be the best looking one in the bunch. ;)
5) Sunglasses. We want to see your eyes. One or two pic in shades is OK, but not all of them
Making chili, lasagna, breakfast skillet, smoked turkey on the grill, and a few other things.
Attention to detail. (this can be a good or bad thing) One of my superpowers is immediately spotting what's wrong with any hotel room. It's very rare that I stay in one that has no issues at all.
Song of Ice and Fire series (AKA Game of Thrones) and as with most of these, the books are better than the show.
Hunger Games (although the movie was good, again, the books are better).
The Zombie Survival Guide
Back to the Future Trilogy
Most John Hughes Movies (Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Home Alone, all the 'Vacation' movies, etc)
Seinfeld, The Office (US and UK), Modern Family, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Eastbound and Down, Californication, VEEP, Derek, 24, Tosh.0, King of Queens...
Evanescence, Digital Daggers, Nero, Klaypex, Krewella, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, New Edition, Linkin Park, Chicago, Journey
Indian, Asian, Italian, Mexican, Greek
You are health conscious
You like dogs
You don't smoke
Bonus if you can sing like Amy Lee!!