Hi! I'm looking for a godly woman that fears the Lord and lives her life for Him. I am by no means perfect and don't expect you to be either. :-)
(If you're not a Christian, or are but are looking to strengthen your faith and want to talk more, please forget for a second that this is a dating site and shoot me a message -- I'd love to talk to you. Eternity > finding a date.)
"I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree. Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."
Hmm. Wait, that's not right either.
First and foremost, I am a sinner, saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
I am looking for a best friend and wife who realizes she also is a sinner, and that there is nothing that makes either of us righteous in God's sight apart from the redeeming blood of Jesus and His substitutionary death on the cross for our sins.
There is nothing I can do on my own accord to please God. I am nothing without Christ. I am fully reliant on God for my purpose and self-worth. I was dead in my transgressions and God's enemy:
"but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." ~ Romans 5:8 (ESV)
By Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross I have been saved, and He alone has given me new life.
Though I strive to live a life honoring to God, daily I fail miserably short of God's holy and righteous expectations. But my sins are covered by Christ's blood; Christ's righteousness is imputed to my account and I am seen as righteous as Christ in God's eyes. Praise God!
I am looking for a godly woman to share this life with, to grow spiritually with and to grow old with. I am looking for a best friend. I would never date "just to date" or to "find what I'm looking for". I'd only pursue a relationship with intentionality and marriage as the ultimate goal.
I know how to love and to love well. If it's the Lord's plan for my life I'd like met the right woman to spend the rest of my life with and look forward to the opportunity.
I enjoy being available for people and want to be that person you go to when you need advise over something that's stressing you out or something goes wrong in the middle of the night. I am a good listener, encourager, communicator and friend. I say what I mean and I try to truly live out my convictions (even when it's not the easiest or most popular thing to do). I am loving, thoughtful, affectionate, genuine, honest and perceptive. I am very down-to-earth, have a good sense of humor, and know how to laugh at myself. (Haha, and I know that more often than not I must laugh at myself.) :-)
I am traditional and conservative. I take things in stride, don't let things bother me, am even-tempered, rational, predictable, and consistent. I am extremely analytical, and very observant. (I will often notice something someone hasn't yet realized for them self / admitted to them self based on their actions). I am intelligent, witty, and quick-witted. According to the Meyer's Brigg personality test I'm an ESTJ (although I'm right on the line for being an ISTJ).
I am laid back and easy-going. It matters to me less what activity I'm doing as who I'm doing it with. (Haha, I don't mean that in a ethically compromising way, but for example, between activity a or b, or restaurant a or b, usually it really honestly doesn't matter to me.) I would hands down much rather spend a relaxing evening with close friends than "going out" to meet random people. I'm definitely not into the bar or club scene.
I appreciate the little things in life. I love the outdoors and everything that comes with it. I love to go camping, hiking and kayaking. I love being on the water / by the water whether that be a day at the beach, out on the boat or jet-skiing. (Haha, I enjoy regular skiing too although I'm by no means great at it.)
I enjoy crisp, cool fall days and hiking when the leaves change colors. I enjoy cold winter nights drinking hot chocolate as the smell of burning firewood billowing from chimneys, filling the night sky. I love the rebirth and newness that spring brings. I love long summer days and spending time at the beach with friends. I enjoying the cool, salty ocean breeze. I will never pass up the opportunity to stop and gaze in wonder and awe at a clear midnight sky waiting to see a shooting star.
Furthermore, I know and trust that if God chooses to put an amazing woman in my life it will be in spite of me, not because of me (or cheesy cliche paragraphs above), and that in and of itself is extremely comforting. :-)
MOVIES: The Princess Bride, The Shawshank Redemption, Zoolander, Ferris Buller's Day Off, Office Space, Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog, and pretty much anything Pixar has made
TV SHOWS: Arrested Development, The Flight of the Conchords, Friends, Seinfeld
MUSIC: Mostly anything except ghetto rap and uber twangy "my girlfriend left me and it's just me and the dog and my pickup country"... (so, pretty much no country). :-)
FOOD: I'm a big of Italian and Mexican dishes, but honestly, I like just about everything. As far as fast food goes, I certainly would never down Chick-Fil-A or Chipotle given the opportunity. :-)
2. Family & supportive, encouraging friends
3. God's creation
4. Humor, laughter, and the ability to laugh at one's self
6. Lists :-)
Also, is butter a carb?
- You initially intended to hit the "Hide" button yet this bullet point has convinced you otherwise.
- (Or perhaps it was this one?)
- You're serious about your Christian faith; you realize you're a sinner and your only hope and assurance of salvation is the atoning power of Jesus' blood and you live your life in light of that.
- You like semicolons.
- You've listed God as number one on your list of things you can't do without.
- You realize that God hates sin and that proclaiming something that is a sin not to be a sin mocks declares that Jesus' sacrifice on the cross wasn't needed. (This applies to *any* sin. Common specific examples would include homosexuality and abortion.)
- You're looking for a man that isn't perfect but despite his love for God will still falter and fail and unintentionally fail to meet all of your expectations at time.
- You haven't listed an astrological sign (and certainly haven't selected "it's fun to think about", particularly if the line above it reads "Christianity and very serious about it").
- You don't even bother reading profiles that don't say "Christianity and very serious about it".
- You're an excellent communicator and realize clear, consistent encouraging communication is essential to a healthy relationship.
- You realize that the sun is exponentially larger than the earth. (Seriously, people!) :-)
- You smile when passing little kids.
- You give the token "thank you" wave when merging in traffic.
- When ordering food, you begin with, "May I please have..." instead of, "Can I get..."
- You can complete coherent sentences and utilize proper grammar and punctuation.
- You're still reading this.
- You're really, really, ridiculously good looking (or at least can quote Zoolander, love Orange Mocha Frappuccinos or freak gasoline fight accidents...)
- Your picture actually shows you smiling.
- Your eyes are visible in your picture. (Seriously. If your profile picture couldn't be used to ID in the commission of a crime, it probably doesn't work to give a stranger an idea of what you actually look like, either...) :-)
- Your picture doesn't involve you wearing anything that is a leopard print.
- Your profile picture wasn't taken in the reflection of a bathroom mirror. (Particularly if said photograph shows more of your chest than your face...)
- You want a guy that will find you just as attractive (or perhaps even more so) when you are rocking sweatpants and have your hair back in a ponytail than when you are dressed to the nines
- You aren't offended by anything in this list or this profile.
- For some strange reason you actually still have some strange desire to write the owner of this profile. :-)
- You're not pregnant with your ex's baby. (Been there...)
- You're not pregnant with your ex's baby and lying about being pregnant. (How I wish I was kidding.)
- You're not in a cult. (Yup, been there as well.)
- The pictures on your profile are actually yours. Not someone else's. Particularly not someone else's that you've stolen, that happens to be of an *entirely different race*. (Again, I wish I was kidding...)