- I'm looking for you, by letting you know who I am in this profile. If you like what you read, write me. I am very unlikely to write you (because I don't spend much time perusing profiles), but if you're the one for me, do write...
- the intro below is written by my good friend Donna, not me.
- However, the following list, as well as everything starting at the first heading below Donna's intro, I've written.
- I've let her represent the romantic, squishy side of me; so I've spend most of the rest of the profile on the purposeful, driven, goals side of who I am.
First off, I'm looking for a long-term relationship -- my partner in life, the woman of my dreams, etc., the one I want to partner with in life. I don't know about you, but if you're over 30, you've developed habits and routines; meeting someone means you'll have to mesh those with someone else's different habits and routines. Here are a few things you should know about me (and which you'll have to either love about me or at least have some way to mesh with yours :))
- Food is primarily fuel to me. I enjoy great food, but I generally want my daily food to be easy to make and uber-healthy. I am not a foodie. :)
- I listen really well and am very self-aware (cognizant of my impact on others) and expect the same of you; high EQ sort of stuff. Generally, I think if you haven't done some kind of therapy, personal development, transformational work, etc. where you learned who you are and expanded who you are in the process, we probably won't work well together.
- I like to keep life simple. I love *experiencing* life, and I tend to minimize 1) the contents of my home, 2) the doodads and gadgets I own, etc. Simplicity allows me to focus on the things that matter to me most and have room for new things.
- I am *very* principled in my behavior. I don't mean just that I'm a good person. I mean that I have studied philosophy, spend lots of time sorting out what I'm committed to creating in my future, and I act as consistent with those principles as possible. I don't just tolerate mental dissonance and move on with life. Life is amazing and pays *massive* dividends when you sort that stuff out. I want every morsel of awesomeness Life has to offer and am willing to do that work to get it.
- I'm not one much for "debriefing our days" in the evening. The privilege it is to spend time with someone you really love and whose company you enjoy is so amazing, that I don't want to spend that time on what I was most pissed at that day. I want to cuddle on the couch in silence playing with your hair. I want to plan our next adventure, goal, investment. I want to have great sex. We have the opportunity to live the best of what Life has to offer almost *every* day, and I don't have much patience for less. NOTE: this doesn't mean I'm a go-go-go, type A personality. Go back and re-read what I said about cuddling, your hair, and silence. :)
-- OK so I think that gives some highlights of what you should know about me. Hopefully you're either hating something you read and ready to move on to the next profile, or you're really excited about all that. If so, read on, and write me.
This is Mike's best friend Donna, I'm here to tell you that being friends with Mike is one of the most amazing privileges I have in life. If I weren't already taken, I would marry him in a heart beat. Never have I met a more genuine, honest, loving, compassionate, adventurous and extraordinary man. His energy and passion for life is like none other and his love for his friends and family goes above and beyond.
Warning, if you choose to date Mike, be prepared to get more flowers than you have vases, more quality conversations than you thought possible and more love and respect than you think you need or deserve. He truly knows how to love, how to listen and how to create a space for an amazing relationship unique and special to who you are as a person in every way. He makes it a priority to get to know you and what is important to you so that he can be the best support and contribution to your life.
Mike has a healthy out look on life. He eats well, he is financially secure and he is fulfilling on the job of his dreams. I have yet to see him have a bad day. His outlook on life is, "how good can it get" and he chooses to see what works in life rather than what is not working. He is truly an extraordinary man.
So date him and find out for yourself. :)
- financially: executing a plan with a buddy of mine to never have to work again
- personally: learning, growing, and building a future where I am free to alter the world in all the ways I see I could contribute to it.
- trying my best to acknowledge when I'm off course in life and get back on track
- building profound/deep relationships with those I care most about
- maintaining a clear and exciting perspective on my own life and what I'm up to
- taking (and delivering) feedback in relationships with the intent on building a better, deeper relationship.
- treating my woman *extremely* well. Thoughtful and attentive in relationship.
Books: Atlas Shrugged, Fountainhead, Philosophy: who needs it, The Road Less Travelled, Emotional Quotient, Lords of Finance, Currency Wars, The 5 Languages of Love
Movies: Ghostbusters, The Matrix, The Shooter, Zoolander, Predator, Back to the Future, Idiocracy, Bourne movies, Family Man, Casino Royale
Music: 90s Rock, Classic Rock, Apocalyptica (cellos, awesome; rock, awesome), some electronic music (still haven't gotten clear of the genre names...), random others: Dave Mathews, Sarah McLaughlin, Kate earl, Imogene Heap
- I eat largely vegan, except when that becomes a crappy option at a restaurant
- when I eat out, I tend to eat Asian
- I eat *really* healthfully (I'm not at all condescending or imposing about it other than expecting you to be healthy/fit/interested in healthy eating also)
- star watching (especially during meteor showers)
- car camping with minimal stuff, largely to just unplug, maybe hike, smell great air, and let my body relax in nature as it was designed to do
- goals that really matter to me
- clear view of my principles
- cuddling (seriously, can't *imagine* life without it)
- my laptop
- belief in the future I'm committed to: particularly in the extraordinary woman I seek. Life would *suck* if I didn't believe I would meet the woman of my dreams one day; so I believe you're out there and going to read this at some point hopefully soon. :)
- I also spend a lot of time thinking about what I want out of life and how I'll get that.
- You think you might be a catch for me.
- You realize that it's possible (and something you're seeking) to have both a mushy, romantic, passionate, sexy life as well as a structured, executing-a-life-plan kind of life.
- You have clear, well-developed principles of your own
- You are or would be interested in moving abroad (I already have plans to do so)
- Bonus: you know something about the financial system and don't have your head in the sand.