Though born in Seattle, I grew up in Southeast Asia. I have since lived in several places throughout the US, and I'm now living in Germany.
Having lived in so many places, I've had the chance to immerse myself in several cultures, gaining a rather unique perspective in the process.
I've been working for my current employer for the last 15+ years, and will probably be done a little over 5 years from now. After that? Well, I still haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up. I have a few ideas, though, and plenty of skills on which I can depend, in any event.
Movies - The Princess Bride is my all-time favorite. I tend to enjoy most in the superhero genre, various musicals, romantic comedies, adaptations of Shakespeare, and a host of other categories. About the only category of which I am not at all fond is horror.
Music - I like music imbued with a piece of the soul of its creator--the songs where one can hear the emotion and sincerity in the voice of the singer or in the tone of the instrument. Some examples: Punch Brothers, Break of Reality, Nickel Creek, Silversun Pickups, Tool, Metric, The Zolas, U2, Apocalyptica, Rush, Jars of Clay, Downhere, Anberlin, Death Cab for Cutie, Dvorak, Wagner, Clint Mansell
Food - Southeast Asian cuisine (Malay, Thai) is probably my greatest love, followed by Northern Indian. However, I'm always open to trying new food experiences.
- Great food
- My awesome family and my good friends
- New places to explore
- People I would like to meet someday, or people I may never meet, but who seem very intriguing
- What I should be doing, rather than spending time on my computer... (mostly, what I should probably be doing is sleeping)
- The characteristics of a future partner on which I'm willing to compromise, and those on which I am not
- you simply want someone to listen to you
- for any other reason you might have