I'm a pretty good artist. I love movies, comics, videogames, etc. If you're interested, you can see some of my stuff at ryangatts.com.
I'm an atheist, but I'm not especially anti-religion. The concept of god or supernatural anything doesn't really matter to me.
I can come off as overly-rational, but I'm a friendly and loving person. I'm very difficult to offend or disgust, whether we're talking about politics, philosophy, sex, or whatever.
I really like getting into serious philosophical discussions and debates. Even when I'm arguing religion or politics with someone who disagrees with me, I'm primarily interested in finding arguments that make sense rather than finding ones that are somehow "objectively correct".
I'm also studying Japanese, but if I'm honest, it's not a super high priority. I just like the small gains I'm making practicing with my boyfriend
Right-brain, left-brain dichotomy be damned.
If they see my work first, they probably think I draw pretty well, I guess?
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Scott Pilgrim, Summer Wars, Princess Mononoke, Seven Samurai, The Matrix.
- FLCL, The Legend of Korra, Little Witch Academia, Kill la Kill, Haikyuu!!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Mythbusters, Gundam 08th MS Team, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Vlogbrothers, Idea Channel, Extra Credits, Game Grumps, Steven Universe.
- RadioLab, Hello Internet, Idle Thumbs, Cake, The Pillows, game/movie soundtracks, and whatever my friends recommend to me.
- It's hard to pick favorites... I like a lot of food; from sushi to shepherd's pie to pho to grilled corn. Almost anything could be my favorite food, depending on what I'm in the mood for.
(I'm inserting the favorite videogames category)
- Shadow of the Colossus, MGS3, Okami, Bastion, Portal 2, Minecraft.
Good company (Speaks for itself)
A kitchen (I love to cook)
Time to think about things
... My books?
I think I ran out of things. Everything else feels a lot like a 'want' or a 'like' instead of a 'need'.
Well, I'd be pretty bummed if I lost my eyesight or use of my hands, because I wouldn't be able to draw :(
Also, I spend a lot of time checking whether I'm being hypocritical about something, and how I should react to any hypocrisy I may uncover in myself.
Topics of ongoing consideration include: gender, media representation, criticism, argumentative style, moral philosophy, government (as opposed to politics), game design, linguistics, nomenclature, geometry, programming, drawing, animation, youtube and new media, astrophysics, speculative biology/anatomy (physiology of imaginary creatures), etc.
My gender expression is a pretty soft thing. I guess that would make me genderqueer?
Some unusual stuff I'm willing to admit: in middle school and part of high school I was a tournament-level DDR player.
Also, I really enjoyed standardized tests. I thought they were fun (if a bit useless) :)
You'd like to chat, play something on Steam, or meet. I'm always excited to talk to someone new.
Romantic or not; I promise to not put you in the 'relationship zone' just because I met you on OkCupid.
If you're a guy, fair warning: I do not have much romantic experience with other guys, so pardon me if I'm a bit of a noob.